• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ninjawear

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I figure you guys are definitely the crowd to ask..

I have an unhealthy obsession with ninjitsu (as well as some other japanese stuff like anime, manga, RPGs and pro wrestling...I'm a freaking nerd, sue me), as most men of uberosity typically do. Are there any "high-end" streetwear brands (perhaps coldrice can help me out here) that incorporate ninjas into their design? C'mon, decapitation on a shirt would be 7 kinds of awesome.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As awesome as ninjas are I'm afraid they've become rather cliche.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea but like.. what if I've been obsessed with ninjas before the whole pirates vs. ninjas thing and it's something I've always wanted?! :p

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Haha, I searched Google for "ninja shirt" and this is the first thing that came up. You don't need a shirt with a ninja on it, if you just walk around wearing this all day...

http://www.entertheninja.com/ninja_f...rt_ninja.shtml

I should try that at work.

And if my boss gives me any lip, I'll kick him in the face.
sly.gif

So I take it there's no hope? I was looking for something similar to how skulls and crossbones have been infused with style/fashion/whatever but obviously not to the nth degree.. didn't expect Dior ninja embroidered jeans but c'mon, throw me a frickin' bone here people.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The main problem is that it is nearly impossible to convey the bad-assedness of a ninja on a t-shirt. Most of the ninja t-shirts you will see are "cute" cartoon ninjas, which are not really ninjas at all, only a mockery of ninjas and ninja culture. This is unacceptable. People have been killed for less. The only true ninja t-shirt that effectively captures the true essence of the ninja is a plain black shirt that conceals the knife in your waistband. The ninja is there, you just cant see it. If you look too close... fup! you get a knife in the eye. People who put a picture of a ninja on a white or light colored shirt have obviously never encountered a ninja. Ninjas don't hang out in bright areas with no cover. It is only a weak ass poser pretending to be a ninja. So if you ever see one of these shirts, let the person wearing it know that he has a weak ass poser ninja shirt on, just in case he/she isn't aware. And then...fup! Stab them in the eye... Sorry if that doesn't really answer your original question.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here dude, instead of a shirt with ninjas on it I made you a ninja victim shirt.

ninjashirt1al.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It actually does as a friend and I had this discussion long ago - that a ninja would not wear anything indicating he was a ninja for the world to see.. because that would make it more difficult for him to kill people. This further confirms that for me. Thank you.

<goes to polish throwing knives>

Does Red Moon make throwing knife sheaths? C'MON!

Ok j, that is slightly freaking humorous - I'd buy it.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
This must be one of the nerdiest threads i have ever read!
Anyone up for some d&d, i'll be dungeon master!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do realize this site is about, mostly, clothes obsession.

Overcome the denial. Ain't nothin' not nerdy about spending a couple hours a day online reading about clothes.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
i meant this specific thread about ninjas and ninja wear. And it's practicality in sneaking up on people and killing them...!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
i meant this specific thread about ninjas and ninja wear. And it's practicality in sneaking up on people and killing them...!

I'd sleep with both eyes open tonight, if you know what I mean.
sly.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've watched a few of his podcasts - they're hit and miss.
wink.gif
After much deliberation, I've decided to cease my search for ninja clothing that is not intended for stealth. All input is appreciated.
wink.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May the force be with you....Wait...wrong movie...nm!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads