1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ninjawear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Tabris

Tabris Well-Known Member

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

As a ninja myself, I advise you to read Mishima and his psychic mentor, William Faulkner.
    I advise some Mann.

3. sygyzy

sygyzy Distinguished Member

I can't believe this thread actually exists.

4. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior Member

This is so weird, this massive ninja obsession.

As a kid in the 80s my friends and I were into Ninjas, mainly from watching Bruce Lee movies, and we'd go to local parks and stalk through the bushes like idiots wearing camo clothes and eating out of tin cans - of course we'd have our ninja stars (some home made) and nunchucks. It was such a small crowd into this stuff back then that it blows me away how popular the term and subject of ninja is today. Weird, it's taken on a totally different meaning with today's youth.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

As a kid in the 80s my friends and I were into Ninjas, mainly from watching Bruce Lee movies, and we'd go to local parks and stalk through the bushes like idiots wearing camo clothes and eating out of tin cans - of course we'd have our ninja stars (some home made) and nunchucks. It was such a small crowd into this stuff back then that it blows me away how popular the term and subject of ninja is today. Weird, it's taken on a totally different meaning with today's youth.

I used to read the Stephen K. Hayes books about ninjas when I was about 8 or 9. I checked them out from the public library. I think that's about the least ninja-like way to learn about ninjas possible.

6. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man - just try walking into a bank or an airport with that on! You'd get taken down by security in a heartbeat.

OK - I used to own some Stephen Hayes books as well. Took some courses with this guy (RIP) when I was in college but was never into it as seriously as some of my friends...

http://www.hoshin.com/

7. jubei

jubei Well-Known Member

I looked seriously for ninja street wear last fall... here are two shoes that might interest you:

Onitsuka Tiger Marathon Tabi
    [​IMG]

Nike Air Rift
    [​IMG]

I think that Air Rift are easier to get a hold of these days... though the unfortunately (depedning on your gender and shoe size) come only in women's sizes

waataaaaaaaaa!

8. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

<had homemade nunchucks with 2 pieces of wood and some string when he was 8>

<is now 25>

I COMMIT, DAMNIT!

Edit: Might I share - I was on a plane to Boston today.. on JetBlue (which is freaking awesome for the price). Nonetheless, they have DirectTV and on one of the channels, I believe VH1, perhaps Bravo.. was a "bad ass vixen" show or some crap. This freaking moron, I swear, goes on to say that the yellow/black outfit Uma Thurman wore in Kill Bill was supposed to portray the image of a superhero, whereas anyone with a freaking brain knows, was a tribute to Bruce. Fuck off cable TV. Had to rant. Thanks.

I looked seriously for ninja street wear last fall... here are two shoes that might interest you:

[​IMG]

Nike Air Rift
    [​IMG]

I think that Air Rift are easier to get a hold of these days... though the unfortunately (depedning on your gender and shoe size) come only in women's sizes

waataaaaaaaaa!

Freaking nice with the toes.

9. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior Member

[​IMG]

Nike Air Rift
    [​IMG]

waataaaaaaaaa!

How many camel toes does someone need?!

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Bruce Lee was a super hero. Representing for Asian brothers everywhere.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Bruce Lee was a super hero. Representing for Asian brothers everywhere.
    Bruce Lee was an exclusionist; he represented only for Chinese brothers.

12. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Snake eyes from GI Joe really modernized the ninja image in the 80's

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Bruce Lee was an exclusionist; he represented only for Chinese brothers.

Well, the Middle Kingdom, right? Besides, I am Chinese/Cantonese, and studied under the same school as Bruce, so I am biased.

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

[​IMG]

Nike Air Rift
    [​IMG]

waataaaaaaaaa!

Now you can go for a quick run and toss a grappling hook on a knotted rope up a castle wall, and look hip doing it.

15. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Snake eyes from GI Joe really modernized the ninja image in the 80's
    Yes, but Storm Shadow took ninjas back 20 years. What kind of stealthy ninja assassin wears white?

LA Guy, there's a Jackman Wong waiting for you in the shadows somewhere...