1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ninja Sox

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by k4lnamja, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

Are the socks thin enough to wear with loafers?
    Or are they more of mid-weight construction, intended primarily for use with sneakers?

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

Will work w loafers. Not super thick cotton, it's a more plush, thin material.

3. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

well, i just ordered a 3-pack ... hoping that they deliver on the promise

on a positve note, these are slightly less expensive than a similar product offerred at http://www.moccsocks.com/

4. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

No problem! From one SF'er to another, we all want to look clean when we go out!! Haha Enjoy. Anytime you win the lotto just remember me haha

Yes, mid-weight and def. could wear with loafers. Did you see my pic above? Or maybe that was in the loafer thread. Very breathable yet thick enough to withstand tons of walking

Right on! I just ordered another 6 pack in white for the upcoming summer. I think they had a 10% coupon somewhere. I can find it and share

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Would like to also touch up on this. Have been through was and dryer multiple times, still holding up quite nicely. Definitely great socks!

6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

^ People who hang dry their socks need to put it in the dryer at least for 15-20 to kill the germs. Last thing you want is stinky socks, feet and shoes, right?

Yes, the ninja's hold up quite well. I've had mine ... for over a year easy and no holes or anything. I bought some more b/c I'm now becoming a full convert to ninja's

:slayer::slayer:

7. Ninja Sox

Ninja Sox Senior member

@Kwaker: As part of my competitive research, I bought several pairs of Mocc Socks as well to test them against my Ninja Sox. I'm obviously biased, but I found that my socks fit better and were cheaper. While MoccSocks slipped off my heel and felt too bulky, our socks fit perfectly and the no-slip feature really worked wonders. If you get a chance to buy MoccSocks or any other competitor, please let me know your honest feedback. There's always more room for improvement. Thanks!

8. Ninja Sox

Ninja Sox Senior member

Thanks @dmash for sending the picture! I've posted it on our FB fan page.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah ive been useing mocc socks for the past year and they are OK but if there is a superior and cheaper product, ill def try these ninja sox

any promos going on or that 10% coupon???

10. randomkoreandude

also would be great if you guys could have a variety pack where you can get several pairs of black and several pairs of white in a cheaper package like mocc socks

11. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

I have a pair in black that I received as a gift and it's an awesome sock. Stays on and is invisible with loafers and boats.

12. loneyeh

loneyeh Member

I was looking forward to getting a few pairs, but shipping kind of kills it for me for something like socks. Looks like a good product though.

13. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I disagree with your notion of just "socks". Socks can be an accessory but in the case of Ninja's, they help make your 'Fit better because they are true no show, ya know?

14. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Look for a 10% and if there is one then you are halfway there

15. loneyeh

loneyeh Member

I understand what you mean. I'm trying to step up my sock game, but I'm more of a fan of being able feel the products in front of me first, especially if I gotta pay 9 bucks for shipping a couple pairs of socks. I'll probably cop if there's a promotion or something.

EDIT: just went to the website again. I see they're fully sold out now, awesome.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  16. randomkoreandude

yeah their facebook says they are all sold out of everything until they refresh for summer 2012. but good news is they said they will have multiple colors including grey and will be offering some sort of coupon when they come back

mocc socs will have to hold me over till then

17. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I wouldn't waste your $ on mocc. I read some reviews last night (about 3 or 4 on diff sites) and they said they sucked ahahah.

Slippage, tearing after 5 or so washes, and supposedly discoloration of the blacks. I don't know how a sock would discolor that quickly but maybe they are using hard detergent?:embar:

18. randomkoreandude

yeah i already own mocc socks. i wouldnt buy again cuz of the heel slippage. i dont have any tearing or discoloration but the heel slippage is enough for me never to buy them again

i got them when they first came out like a year or two ago and have been looking for an alternative for a long time so hopefully ninja sox can hurry up :)

19. Ninja Sox

Ninja Sox Senior member

@loneyeh @randomkoreandude @k4lnamja

I apologize for running out of Ninja Sox. I really didn't think I would get this much support and I honestly thought I would have enough until my next shipment arrives. I will be setting up a discount for those of you who would like to purchase the socks in advance. I need to make some tweaks to the website to accommodate your backorders but rest assured, I will discount those of you who commit to buying my socks now.

Please stay tuned for some more info.

@loneyeh - The $9 shipping on the socks is for a dozen pairs or more. Unfortunately this is my cost to ship using Priority mail. I can lower costs by using First Class mail, but that'll take a couple more days to arrive. I'm looking into Fulfillment by Amazon to see if they can lower my shipping costs which I can relay directly to you. In the meantime, I'll set up a discount code for free shipping to those of you who are willing to purchase now for delivery in a couple months. Will that work for you guys?

20. randomkoreandude

yes def im game :)

you could do a styleforum discount for those of us that follow you on here

edit: yeah options for cheaper shipping for first class would be nice since these are just socks, or if you can do the amazon route that works too.

and yeah styleforum is just a bunch of cheapskates (im included)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012