• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nine Lives Rider's Jacket - Black Yak - XL - US40-42 (NWT) - $1,250

Nine Lives Rider's Jacket - Black Yak - XL - US40-42 (NWT) - $1,250

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newcomer submitted a new classified:

Nine Lives Rider's Jacket - Black Yak - XL (NWT) - A Superlative Leather Jacket

This is brand new with tags, purchased from Standard & Strange - here is a description, features, sizing.

Kotaro and Ian from Nine Lives design and craft garments unlike anything you've seen come out of Japanese craft manufacturing. The textiles and leathers used come from the best mills and tanneries in Japan; the factories and ateliers that cut and sew for them are the best in the world. Every step along the way is pushed further to produce something slightly feral, slightly...
Read more about this resource...

Friend

Reaction score
Just throwing in a few thoughts for anyone interested - I own this exact jacket (except from a special collab edition with Snake Oil Provisions that has a few unique details, but same cut, leather, etc) after wanting one of their leathers for several years but balking at the price. It is superlative in every way. Substantial and unique leather that's specially done just for these jackets, excellent construction and a subtle but elevated fit. One of the few things I've put on and immediately was like "oh yeah, this is exactly what I imagined."

I think the cut works best when you can wear it relatively slim, though it's quite versatile in the range of outfits it can go into. The aesthetic can go with more workwear-y stuff, luxe minimalist, musiciancore and I'm sure others. I think it would feel a bit aggressive in an actual CM wardrobe. Japanese sizing definitely applies - I'm usually a true-to-slim small, and the medium I have is fitted.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite garments, and holds the honor of being something I wanted for years and had 0 feelings of letdown after finally getting it. From tracking the price of these over the past couple years on the used market, this is a great deal. So yeah go buy @Newcomer's jacket.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Friend - thanks a lot for (really), a fantastic overview. I really appreciate it!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's