• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nike's new vintage line?

capnpyro

Reaction score
I personally like it, the disstressing is a bit heavy but screw it, it's just sneakers, they'll look like that inside of a month anyway. http://www.finishline.com/nikevintage or http://www.nikevintage.com I'm ordering this guy, I wanted a pair of blueish tennis shoes as it happens.
xl316659441.jpg
Couple of other pairs in there I like as well, I haven't owned a pair of Nike's in easily 10 years.

iamaloser

Reaction score
I just got a pair of nonvintage waffle racers for ten bucks. I want to buy those, but something inside me won't let me buy two types of the same shoe inside of one week.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
those shoes are cool, but the idea of pre-distressed shoes seems incredibly ******* stupid to me.
plus, haven't they been re-making the Cortez for a number of years now?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
those shoes are cool, but the idea of pre-distressed shoes seems incredibly ******* stupid to me.
plus, haven't they been re-making the Cortez for a number of years now?

Does the idea of pre-distressed anything not appeal, or only shoes? I'm in the former camp, anyway.

cielo

Reaction score
These

I like most of this collection. I don't mind the yellowing on the midsoles, but I hope the uppers aren't distressed too much. I picked up the black/red oregon waffle and purple ld1000 for me and red daybreak for my wife.

If you haven't ordered already, spend $125 at niketown.com and get 30% off with coupon "2PCTRM" through Sept. 2 (and free s/h if $175+).

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Does the idea of pre-distressed anything not appeal, or only shoes? I'm in the former camp, anyway.

I'm not nuts about pre-distressed anything, but it just seems like shoes are such an easy thing to mess up and get dirty, why have someone else do it for you?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
I'm not nuts about pre-distressed anything, but it just seems like shoes are such an easy thing to mess up and get dirty, why have someone else do it for you?

+1, I've bought "pre-distressed" thrift store shoes... but paying full price for pre distressed anything is fucktarded. Its kind of like saying "I like that mercedes, but you know what would make it even cooler is if someone were to go out and drive the hell out of it, forget to change the oil, drive it on low tires and then run it into a tree for me before I took it out for my first drive."

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I was getting really excited about the Waffles and Oregon Waffles but I didn't realise they were pre distressed...****

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
The slave laborers that make these must think Americans are stupid for buying stuff already wrecked.

Saying that, if these hit Value City for the cheep (like the waffles a few years back), I'll buy.

capnpyro

Reaction score
.mMMmm... slave laborers.. I hope they're children..
inlove.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
.mMMmm... slave laborers.. I hope they're children..
inlove.gif

Kathy lee?! Regis misses you! America misses you! Where have you been?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads