• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nike's new golf-themed Dunks

adam w.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many sneaker heads we've got on this forum, but I'm wondering what you guys think of the new Golf Dunk SBs.

dunk_sb_golf_brown2.jpg

dunk_sb_golf_brown1.jpg

I think they could look really fresh if worn with the right outfit. I'm definitely copping a pair, and I can't wait to hit the links with them this summer.

VENDER

Reaction score
I think they would look rediculous anywhere else but the golf course...unless you take off the top part. The perforations are kinda fresh though.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They would look particualrly ridiculous on a golf course, unless you can get soft spikes in the bottom, there.

Agree with VENDER. The perfs, pastels, and even the heel argyle are alright, but the kiltie is a tough sell.

tangerine

Reaction score
My opinion is unfavorable, but since I am neither a sneakerhead (at least not of the Nike variety) nor a golfer, I am not sure my opinion is of much value to you... do not read on if you are sensitive on the subject!
seriously, it's gonna be mean!
[humor]

If I saw those at the end of my legs, I would set my feet on fire and chop them off with an axe!

[/humor]

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VENDER
I think they would look rediculous anywhere else but the golf course...unless you take off the top part. The perforations are kinda fresh though.
I agree - and the yellow swoosh actually saves them from looking like some sort of old-man compromise semi-prosthetic shoe. aren't the top parts called "kilties"?

VENDER

Reaction score
Removable soft spikes on the bottom would be dope!
laugh.gif

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear them, but they would be great for a sneaker collector.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think they look okay except for the top. It's called a kiltie? I like the colors as well as the perforations.

nairb49

Reaction score
Interesting shoe to have for a collector, but I wouldn't hide my grin if i saw them.

Max

Reaction score
I'd wear them because they're absurd.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's very Japanese schoolgirl, somehow.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garbage. I'm a avid fan of the Nike Dunk, but only the well-done colorways, and this is definately ****. Next thing the dunk will not only be a basketball, skateboard and golf shoe, but a ballet pump as well. The Nike Air Dunk Ballet
crazy.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Dunk fan (though I do own a pair of Hunter SBs, which are really, really cool), but regardless, these are beyond hideous.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I want to see Adam Morrison sporting these in the NBA. Totally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads