• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do they perform though? Anyone like Nike’s offering of trail shoes?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
perform in what sense? i would not take those on a trail run (although i wouldn't expect good athletic performance for any fashion nike...)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m stubborn and dead set on full Nike gear for moderate hikes. But the more I look into trail running and the outdoors I’m leaning more towards technical offerings. Goodbye brand synergy.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
im sure nike makes a good technical trail sneaker but its not gonna look good.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those spikes on the Terra kigers aren't going to last hiking/trail running. Nike's running line traditionally hasn't been nearly as good as other brands although they have gotten better in the past few years.

I haven't looked into it in a few years but Salomon is supposed to be good and I run in Asics.

Jonas251

Reaction score
He’s right Nike outdoor stuff sucks. Nike is only really top notch when it comes to b-ball shoes

Jonas251

Reaction score
Are there any cool high top dunks, AJ1s or Blazers coming later this year?

The college pack dunks are far and away the dopest I’ve seen in a while. Slept on and not more than 200 or so on stockx and goat.

Nike just dropped more blazer mid 77s in monochrome canvas

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
in terms of using nikes for an athletic purpose, the metcons are probably the best cross training/crossfit shoe on the market

they're also real ******* ugly, though. they've started doing the rare PA for metcons, with this monstrosity coming out soon:

(i think the red represents blood, and the black is your inner demon you fight when training alone? or some stupid **** like that)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Metcons and find them nice looking. Depends on the color you choose.

(White with gum soles)

134A7C13-EC82-416F-A736-90C34F8D1E94.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The college pack dunks are far and away the dopest I’ve seen in a while. Slept on and not more than 200 or so on stockx and goat.

Nike just dropped more blazer mid 77s in monochrome canvas

oh you are talking about all the 2way combo ones they had, like this
Nike-Dunk-High-1.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more expensive Nike bball shoes are great but the rubber is soft so they don't last outdoors. I had to switch to UA. I tried the KD Trey which has firmer rubber but the fit was off and I kept stubbing my toes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads