• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lifelong niners fan here (sleepy with a jerry rice beanie baby as a child). This is a false narrative. Kaep was garbage the last two seasons, and has serious issues with his mechanics and with going through his read progression (if first option wasn’t open he was screwed). This is all true, and he was blackballed. Sorry. Nathan peaterman is in the league. There are plenty of guys who are not only worse than him at qb but don’t have any of the other skills he has that are in the league. Dude set the all time record for yards by a qb in a freaking playoff game. The idea there isn’t a spot for him on an nfl roster is hogwash even if he was really really bad the last two years.

Using Peterman is a false argument made to justify him being blackballed that holds no merit when you look into the details. Peterman was a 5th round pick in the 2017 draft and you know how much he got paid by the Bills? $500k.

How much money would Kaepernick have gotten in the final year of his contract if he did not opt out? Wasn't it $16 million or $18 million? The fact is that Kaepernick wanted to be a starter in the league and wanted to be paid accordingly. He did not want to be paid back up money (~$1 million) especially after he opted out of the final year of his contract (although there's a chance he would've been cut). You know how bad that would look if he opted out of $16 million then only signs for $1 million?

You know how much Peterman is getting paid this year to be a back up for the Raiders? $645k which I believe is the minimum salary for a player with his experience. Salary is important with the salary cap in place.

Kaepernick only set the record for yards in a playoff game because he kept running the ball. Teams figured him out and left a linebacker to contain his running and force him to throw. He was also only good because Harbaugh sheltered him. The 9ers had an elite offensive line and run game. Weren't they a top 5 rushing team with Gore all those years? Kaepernick is strictly a read option qb and teams don't play that.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Sounds like someone is triggered. Need a safe space bro?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone is triggered. Need a safe space bro?

I was going to let things go and not talk about it anymore after seeing @urbanwoodsman post (which is the truth). But seeing how you and @Jonas251 are clearly talking about me I will respond.

I don't like the AM1, I'm just against the overly PC culture in America right now. The AM1 is ugly and this version was especially ugly.

And @Jonas251 you're talking about how I should be a man and get over it but how many posts did you write about it? Was it 5? It sounds like you're offended that I'm offended by the people who were offended with the shoe. Lol. Alright bro, I'm not the one stressing over it.

And Teger, yea it's easy to call me triggered instead of debating the point I made against Kaepernick. I was reponding to a post I was quoted in claiming Kaep was blackballed so I laid out the reasons why he isn't in the league anymore (money and he sucks not that he's being blackballed). Do you disagree with any of it? I live in the Bay Area and have a ton of (very liberal) friends who are die hard 9er fans and they all know what I said is true.

Either way this will be my last post on the matter. My apologies to everyone else.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lifelong niners fan here (sleepy with a jerry rice beanie baby as a child). This is a false narrative. Kaep was garbage the last two seasons, and has serious issues with his mechanics and with going through his read progression (if first option wasn’t open he was screwed). This is all true, and he was blackballed. Sorry. Nathan peaterman is in the league. There are plenty of guys who are not only worse than him at qb but don’t have any of the other skills he has that are in the league. Dude set the all time record for yards by a qb in a freaking playoff game. The idea there isn’t a spot for him on an nfl roster is hogwash even if he was really really bad the last two years.

Yea Kap got screwed and he could of been a starting Qb somewhere.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh look, its Teger fighting against Fascists in another styleforum thread

they keep popping up everywhere, but he remains vigilant
What a hero

Quick, there's someone using incorrect gender pronouns in the John Elliott thread

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Oh look, its Teger fighting against Fascists in another styleforum thread

they keep popping up everywhere, but he remains vigilant
What a hero

Quick, there's someone using incorrect gender pronouns in the John Elliott thread

eh not worth it. you should definitely buy some of the betsey ross samples on stockx for $2k to prove your point though.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

these look awesome, like a ghetto CCP drip

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I like those actually

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics