• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rec for a comfortable beater? Something easy to throw in a suitcase, put a few miles on walking. Been using Free RN, but not liking any current color ways

It’s nike thread but adidas ultra boost are probably the most comfortable walking shoes. You can find a good deal on them for under $150 these days.

Epic reacts are pretty good but the soles got worn out too fast. Air Max 270 are comfy but too chunky for this case.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Any idea on Air Zoom LWP sizing? Usually I’m a 10.5 (reacts, metcons), but 11 in some of the running styles (free rn)

I go between 10-10.5 in Nike (10.5 for running and b-ball, 10 for casual) and I have a pair in both 10 and 10.5. Far prefer the more snug fit of the 10. The shoe loosens up a little bit in the upper over time.

Jonas251

Reaction score
It’s nike thread but adidas ultra boost are probably the most comfortable walking shoes. You can find a good deal on them for under $150 these days.

Epic reacts are pretty good but the soles got worn out too fast. Air Max 270 are comfy but too chunky for this case.

Herecy!

In all seriousness Ive heard similar things from other and tried a pair of y-3 pure boost but personally hate the boost. Doesn’t feel stable at all to me. Also, I just think adidas knit sock + plastic cage is barbarian compared to the Nike uppers.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comfort-wise I find Adidas's tubular sole unit as good as they come, but all the tubular based shoes are a bit chunky. If you're wanting something more non-descript Nike Air Safari's can be picked up in fairly discreet colourways and are a olid beater.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did those assholes just do a Europe-only release of the Gyakusou Vaporflys? I was aware of the 2/28 drop for the spring line, but Nike said absolutely nothing about Vaporflys (just the Pegasus). Now it’s too late to kop :cry:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Total noob to Adidas shoes, are there different variations of the ultra boost with some more sought after?

I think they all retail for $180? l remember it used to be so hard to get them a few years ago especially the all white ones but now it looks like you can find the grey ones (4.0) on GOAT and the other resell sites for around $100 and the non-dyed white ones for around $140.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Total noob to Adidas shoes, are there different variations of the ultra boost with some more sought after?

I think they all retail for $180? l remember it used to be so hard to get them a few years ago especially the all white ones but now it looks like you can find the grey ones (4.0) on GOAT and the other resell sites for around $100 and the non-dyed white ones for around $140.

There are variations, but they are mostly either colab or just based on year model, which comes with a different knit patter (look up ub 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc). Some of the colab s have leather cadge, but no difference besides that.

They also have uncaged and high top untra boost.

As far as the most sought after, ur looking at colabs, like the solefly ub that was really really popular and probably still going for over $500.

In general, there was crazy hype around the shoe for a few years back in 2013-2015 with ppl paying crazy resell prices but now no one cares about adidas anymore (in the hype world) so yeah u can find em on sale or on goat/stockx for less.

Just a word on goat/stock x :

This is not a more legit way to get kicks second hand then any other site. The whole idea that “real” and “fake” shoes are clearly defined is bullshit, and those companies are making it appear not so as a means of making their business seem more legit than it is. When you buy second hand, you just don’t know as Nike and adidas products are “faked” and “unauthorized” (unauthorized are grey space and it’s complicated to explain, look it up if ur interested) constantly because of the crazy margins and demand for the product. unless you have the experience with glue smell, you normally can’t tell unless the fake is bad (in which case u don’t need stock x) as the products come in many variations so the whole “well the swoosh is 2 cm higher here” **** doesn’t actually work. Only thing I’ve seen 100 is glue smell and it takes years and years to get on that leveL.

Moral of the story:

Buy what’s available from reputable retailers, if a shoe you want isn’t available find something else, there are thousands of shoes to pick from, and more dropping every day. As someone who as obsessed over Nike for a long time, they like to make it seem like something is one of a kind or whatever but there is always another option, always a restock, always something to want/buy.

Last edited:

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herecy!

In all seriousness Ive heard similar things from other and tried a pair of y-3 pure boost but personally hate the boost. Doesn’t feel stable at all to me. Also, I just think adidas knit sock + plastic cage is barbarian compared to the Nike uppers.

Pure boosts aren’t as nice as ultra boosts tho. I agree Nike has much nicer looking/desirable models but for comfy beaters I don’t think Nike has anything better.

Yeah the hype around ultra boosts has really gone down. 1.0’s were pretty hard to get but they did a re-release not too long ago.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Pure boosts aren’t as nice as ultra boosts tho. I agree Nike has much nicer looking/desirable models but for comfy beaters I don’t think Nike has anything better.

Yeah the hype around ultra boosts has really gone down. 1.0’s were pretty hard to get but they did a re-release not too long ago.

Well these were the super hyped y-3 pureboost (still going for 600+) and my complaint was mainly with the feeling of the boost sole, not the upper. In actuality the ultra boost would have been worse for me cause my complaint was lack of stability and the pure boost had a larger rubber cap than the ultra boost.

Not to say this is everyone’s experience, tons of people love the ub, but I far prefer a lunarlon, react, zoom, or even classic air bubble sole.

As far as Nike not having anything beating ub, a Lot of people feel that way, I strongly disageee, but to each his own:alien:

And just for the record. IMO, the lwp is one of the best looking, feeling, and functioning models out right now. It’s the shoe I keep going back to day after day.

This is a few pics I have of mine in the wild. Both from the Kim Jones colab but the gr is basically same shoe in different colors.

B1F9896F-C04E-437B-9989-79E72173D2CE.jpeg

BA6126FB-E95E-4782-90E8-FEB4A3C7A0BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, appreciate it. I didn't know goat had so many fakes and unauthorized sneakers like eBay.

All the Nike models I like are $180+. It's a little hard to pay that much for non Jordans.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, appreciate it. I didn't know goat had so many fakes and unauthorized sneakers like eBay.

All the Nike models I like are $180+. It's a little hard to pay that much for non Jordans.

I def see that criticism of Nike, the one suggestion I have is that a lot of the fashion websites are now stocking Nike, and they put them on sale just like designer ****. So ocassionally u can see some of the more trendy items that weren’t as hyped up to half or 60% off.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Save20 for an extra 20% on sale at Nike

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these were kinda slept on, but I just took delivery of these ISPA Reacts today and I really really like them. Super comfy out of the box and I could see myself getting a ton of wear out of them.

489DE445-2FD4-4488-9FA7-6E2ABEA3385A.jpeg

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
They look really great. Thanks for sharing. Any chance you can post a picture of the insole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads