• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you cause your mom losing a career she spent 25 yrs building? i'd say so
I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but she clearly didn't care too much about that career as you'd like to believe, and will be perfectly fine in her next role somewhere else or with her retirement

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you cause your mom losing a career she spent 25 yrs building? i'd say so

there's some really shady stuff going on. don't understand how this guy could get 50 pairs of o/w jordans unless it was through a backdoor connection or insider info.
Easy. He paid resell or "backdoor" price with mom's money. And then bake a few bucks reselling them. These kids nowadays are here just for the likes and internet fame. Probably just spoiled rich kid trying to get some love and attention stunting online cause he did not get it enough from the parents lol.
No ******* way she really knew what he was doing with her money. He probably makes 100k a year max with his "reselling business" and she as Nike North America Vice President and General Manager probably has a salary deep into 7 figures so no ******* way somebody would risk that career for something that stupid. I saw this comment that is posted below that sums that up pretty accurately imo:

"Imagine blowing 25 years at Nike. Working your way up in a male dominated industry. Being what should be an inspiration to women. Only to throw it all away because you bankroll your ******* drop son who just wanted clout on IG."

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sound about right. That is so crazy. I wonder how much she really knew? I can't imagine risking a 25 year career with Nike to help your kid resell sneakers.

Her son used her corporate card to buy $132k of Yeezys. That and him getting several rare kicks like how he happened to find a bunch of Mags in a storage unit. I don't think he got all that without her help.

People do dumb, unbelievable ****. Like how that Microsoft director tried to scam them out of $1.4 million off Super Bowl tickets. He was making $250k+ a year too.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but she clearly didn't care too much about that career as you'd like to believe, and will be perfectly fine in her next role somewhere else or with her retirement

Bro, how old are you? Do you really believe she resigned and wasn't forced out after the Bloomberg article was published? She broke at least 2 company rules: her son used her corporate card to buy $132k worth of Yeezys and her son magically "found" 6 Mags in a storage unit.

I highly doubt he wrote a bot that allowed him to beat all of Nike's protections. It's more likely his mom broke Nike's rule against reselling and helped him get the shoes. Time will tell, with his mom no longer at Nike will he keep getting all these ultra rare shoes?

It happens all the time, people "resign" to save face and so it won't look like they were fired.

Do you know how much a VP at Nike makes? She could've easily been pulling in half a mil. Do you think these high paying jobs are easy to find?

Last edited:

b-ill

Reaction score
If you believe Glassdoor, she was pulling in $290-440/year. She can probably "retire" early because I don't see how any other clothing/shoe company would hire her.

b-ill

Reaction score
Kinda surprised he hasn’t made his IG private, some of the comments...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
nobody gives a ****, nothing is going to change, this is just Nike's "we take this seriously" as a low cost publicity front about taking "it seriously".

Nike is slaughtering the competition, their market cap has doubled since March 2020, their direct to consumer business is a cash cow, so they sacrifice a lamb for the publicity now that everybody is bitching about SNKRS (gotta layer on the publicity, right?). It's win-win for Nike.

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You take a while to un DS your shoes don’t you? I held the NG’s in hand and thought they were really nice but I’m curious how they are to break in.

I generally UNDS shoes whenever I go on vacation or for special events. For example, my wife and I are expecting our first child in July. So, I break out a new pair of shoes for every ultrasound appointment. I plan on wearing my NG 1's for our gender reveal this Saturday too.

kevenmee

Reaction score
I hope you also have pink and blue AJ1s that you're going to slip into depending on the gender too!

Curious, how many pair of sneakers do you have? Really have enjoyed your collection so far!

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Her son used her corporate card to buy $132k of Yeezys. That and him getting several rare kicks like how he happened to find a bunch of Mags in a storage unit. I don't think he got all that without her help.

People do dumb, unbelievable ****. Like how that Microsoft director tried to scam them out of $1.4 million off Super Bowl tickets. He was making $250k+ a year too.

Bro, how old are you? Do you really believe she resigned and wasn't forced out after the Bloomberg article was published? She broke at least 2 company rules: her son used her corporate card to buy $132k worth of Yeezys and her son magically "found" 6 Mags in a storage unit.

I highly doubt he wrote a bot that allowed him to beat all of Nike's protections. It's more likely his mom broke Nike's rule against reselling and helped him get the shoes. Time will tell, with his mom no longer at Nike will he keep getting all these ultra rare shoes?

It happens all the time, people "resign" to save face and so it won't look like they were fired.

Do you know how much a VP at Nike makes? She could've easily been pulling in half a mil. Do you think these high paying jobs are easy to find?
I'm not sure what my age got to do with anything. And I've no doubts she was forced out of the company too.

Somehow though I just don't see them suffering as much as the dudes with pitchforks would like to hope for.

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you also have pink and blue AJ1s that you're going to slip into depending on the gender too!

Curious, how many pair of sneakers do you have? Really have enjoyed your collection so far!

Thankfully I have both bases covered.

I probably have around 100-150 pairs of shoes. I had around the same amount in 2008. I eventually lost interest in shoes and I sold the bulk of my collection. I got back into it in 2019. I have some shoes in drop front containers and a bunch in boxes at my parents house. I need to buy more drop front containers so that I can properly display my collection.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Stussy Huaraches today and they are perfect. I went a full size up and while I have a little room in the length, they feel so damn comfortable. One of my favorite releases in a long time.
i havent tried on huraches in years but i thought the rule of thumb was to up a half size up not a full?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so - have a pair on the way and sized up 1/2

BigRed

Reaction score
Thankfully I have both bases covered.

I probably have around 100-150 pairs of shoes. I had around the same amount in 2008. I eventually lost interest in shoes and I sold the bulk of my collection. I got back into it in 2019. I have some shoes in drop front containers and a bunch in boxes at my parents house. I need to buy more drop front containers so that I can properly display my collection.

Hopefully you didn’t sell any of the SB’s, in 2008, that are going for a bunch of money now in 2021!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads