• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, small rant here, but i fuckin hate how people don't understand the whole bidding process on goat/in general

been trying to get a pair of those syracuse dunk lows for weeks/maybe even months at this point now, and ****'s been impossible because these dumbfucks are always more than willing to top the top offer all of the time, which subsequently keeps raising the lowest ask, which, in turn, subsequently again, raises the need for a more competitive top offer (which, again, people are more than willing to meet and exceed, and the cycle goes on... )

like, i'm speaking the blindingly obvious here, but if the top offer is reasonable (and the shoe isn't something that came out years ago and is super hard to find), then the best plan of action is to just match the top offer (at best; can often get away with even less) and hold steady

cause eventually, the sellers will have to accept what they can get

instead, though, these dumbasses are more than willing to have their balls in the perpetual vice grips of these fuckhead resellers (idk, not kink-shaming here, but maybe they just get off to it or something?), which just ruins things for everybody who aren't the fuckhead resellers

about to go yolo ****-it mode and just buy at the lowest ask outright cause i don't see the constant one-upping ending

(and cause i'm a huge, mega dumbass myself)

sigh

Last edited:

verver

Reaction score
Ur not seeing the picture here. The sellers/their own peeps have accounts that are bidding it up to create false bidding war.

verver

Reaction score
When they bid it up over my reasonable bid, then I actually lower my bid and just sit. Then after a while seller accepts it. I have gotten couple of pairs that way

BigRed

Reaction score
Straight to feet and into the airplane lol
200DC2A0-8534-4FE1-8B6A-7EA174793BA7.jpeg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Brazils in today. Way nicer than the Syracuse and Kentucky lows IMO.

Also blows my mind how high resale has climbed on the latter two. But then again, nothing about 2020 has made any sense so far so this is par for the course.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nicer in terms of quality or just the colorway?

Colour of the Syracuse lows are way off compared to 99s. Toebox is jacked too, though that's not a problem specific to this colourway.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.53.55 AM.png

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which stockists are carrying the space hippies? I've only gotten an email from soto

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads