• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the sole peel off and the glue fail on those older shoes? My older sneakers (even as recent as 2002) tend to separate.

+1. I had a couple of pairs of Nikes (Air Max variants) that I bought back in the 1990s and early 2000s where the soles essentially started breaking down into dust over 2-3 years and the Air bladder lost its gas. I also had a pair of New Balance shoes (not a classic model, but a more modern-looking cross-training model) that I bought in about 2002 that started to self-destruct after a couple of years of pretty mild wear.

Surprising - but good - to hear that some models are holding up well after 20+ years.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
React Element 55s

8CB8777C-6E23-49F2-A2C3-A9C4D52B8E6E.jpeg DECFF8DB-B4C0-4C5F-9938-8B131EBE2FA5.jpeg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do people take their typical nike size in non-sb dunk lows?

For the most part, yes.

I also find new Dunks fit smaller than previous.

For example, I could fit a size 10 in my 2013 Viotech but I struggle to squeeze into my size 10 Viotech from 2019.

Anyone selling size 10.5 OW UNLV lows?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so in this era of COVID, what would be your top 10 must haves in your collection.

AJ1 (any OG color)
AJ3 black/cement and white cement
AJ4 fire red
AJ11 black/red
Dunk SB low safari
Tech Challenge II lava
Kobe IV del sol
Air Safari OG
AM 95 neon

it seems that Tinker got me good

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, sir

Did you end up buying the Storm Blue 1's?

haha, nah, i haven't

they're asking $600+ for my size (8.5)

i think the absolute max i'd pay is $450 (with tax and shipping and everything), but we'll see how desperate i get i guess

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, nah, i haven't

they're asking $600+ for my size (8.5)

i think the absolute max i'd pay is $450 (with tax and shipping and everything), but we'll see how desperate i get i guess

man that's a lot for the storm blues. I got 2 pairs back when they released and returned one of them. can't drop that much for a pair of sneakers. but if you love them, you only live once.

surrender

Reaction score
my (actually owned) top 10:
Cactus Jack 4 (the most H-Town shoe in existence)
Cactus Jack 6
ROTY 1
350 V2 Sesame
700 Waverunner
992 Grey
UB 1.0 Cream
AF1 John Elliott
AM1 Pompidou white
500 Soft Vision

I'd love to own a pair of Shattered Backboard 1.0s... they have to re-release at some point, right? Right?

edit: and the UPS man just showed up with my Court Purples ?

verver

Reaction score
Nice. Should receive my court purples tomorrow. Yes, need shattered backboard 1.0 and unions. But waaaay more than I’m willing to pony up.... sigh

got the moon racers on steep sale from Nike, very underrated. Like them a lot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads