• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2D6180DC-9405-44CC-969A-CB1A8AE4C682.jpeg

Love the colorway, sole, and materials. The back of the shoe does dig into the medial aspect of my achilles region though, even with thick socks. I’m hoping that will decrease as the shoes stretch a bit from break in.

emptym

Reaction score
There was an outbreak of hand, foot, and mouth disease at our son's preschool, and that's all I can think of when I see Element 55s or 87s. Maybe Nike could use that and put out a series modeled on various diseases.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Backward swoosh is sort of the point though.

I realize this. It clearly throws the proportions of the shoe way off. I understand that its hype and is a really clear and obvious way to show that the shoe is a limited colab, but do people honestly think it looks better that way?

Jonas251

Reaction score
On another note, Nike is rolling out some great releases rn.

SB AJ1, snakeskin forces, tech challenge II, vapor street, and then the sakai colab at the end of the week.

Anyone else eying the vapor street? Those things look awesome.

As for the Sacai colab, Waffle Racer or Blazer? I'm going for the black/blue blazers.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vapor street look weird on, shape of the sole is too pointed. Love the color ways though

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was an outbreak of hand, foot, and mouth disease at our son's preschool, and that's all I can think of when I see Element 55s or 87s. Maybe Nike could use that and put out a series modeled on various diseases.

I'm a teacher and was knocked out for a week back in November for hand foot and mouth disease

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize this. It clearly throws the proportions of the shoe way off. I understand that its hype and is a really clear and obvious way to show that the shoe is a limited colab, but do people honestly think it looks better that way?

it would've otherwise just been a plain, brown aj1

but, speaking of, if that's all you want, then you can just get a pair of the roty's and apply mink oil (?) or something

20190120_140654-jpg.2252869

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

i'm not a fan of it either and don't get the hype.

Jonas251

Reaction score
i'm not a fan of it either and don't get the hype.

It’s because it’s Travis Scott (who is more famous for his tour merch than music).

Hype is hype. And Nike is the best at the game in manipulating and producing hype.

Jonas251

Reaction score
it would've otherwise just been a plain, brown aj1

but, speaking of, if that's all you want, then you can just get a pair of the roty's and apply mink oil (?) or something

20190120_140654-jpg.2252869

Lol. What’s wrong with that ? A brown aj1 is already against the grain for Nike. Also don’t know how a plain aj1 could possibly be a disappointment. It’s one of the most iconic shoes of all time with one of the most storied histories. What more could you possibly need? Oh, the co-sign of a kardashian husband. Of course.

It just makes me remember back in 2016 when they release storm blue 1’s for the first time since the og and they sat.

It’s fine to be into this **** but be real. If they were gr like those womens joker forces they would sit and people would talk ****.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, i personally don't care for them at all

it's just that i think that it'd be boring for a collaboration to be nothing but a color-swap

the reverse swoosh makes it look interesting and stand out, and it also relays the fact that the collaborator actually lent a hand/had a say in something other than merely choosing the colors

Last edited:

Jonas251

Reaction score
dude, i don't care for them at all

just think it'd be boring for a collaboration to be nothing but a color-swap

reverse swoosh makes it look interesting and stand out

Totally fair. At the same time:

Travis Scott and Nike: “Yo let’s take the Virgil aj1 swoosh, but make it backwards”

Hypebeasts:

B18B70BF-C11B-4533-9998-437F0DC10F77.jpeg

Jonas251

Reaction score
Vapor street look weird on, shape of the sole is too pointed. Love the color ways though

Ah that’s disappointing. They look promising but could totally see that.

Isnt it the same sole at the zoom fly ?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The backward swoosh is just a playful detail, I guess. And a very restrained approach to a collab idea (which tend to be often overly designed). Is this worth a $600-700 resell premium? Hell no, but the world of hype resale is impenetrable. (Stockx informed me today that the lowest ask on the heelflip RL sweater I have is now $2,400 in my size... WTF??)

I personally like the craziness of the CPFM a lot more than the TS Jordans, but that ship has sailed... And the backward swoosh AJ1s are kinda endearing to me - also the leathers are top notch on those - so why not...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads