• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Adidas trail boost shoes are decent but mostly because they can be had for a deep discount at the outlets.

For bball, what the do to make them more stable is they close off the lateral side while the medial side is exposed so there is room for the boost material to expand, I guess they can't necessarily do that to running shoes?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not into sneakers but those bew balance looking Nikes are dope.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

got to give credit to their bball shoes, they've done it real well and their traction is almost always great

for running though, they just can't make them right and they feel very heavy

with that said, Nike isn't slouch in bball though and it is thanks to the likes of Adidas and UA too for offering competitive shoes at a much better price

@akeem, if you're looking for zoom though, Lebron 14 and AJ31s got you covered along with KD9s

PG1s also feels real good with it's forefoot cushioning and it retails for $110, lots of cheaper options for Nike, they've stepped it up while dropping the prices

kobe 9/10, sock hyperdunks and zoom solider are the best performance ball shoes IMO, flyknit racers better than any met con style shoe for lifting. for running, no thanks

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kobe 9s is still has the undisputed best traction ever made for a bball shoe.

Haven't tried the ankle collar hyperdunks since I am waiting for them to hit the outlets but I've heard good things.

For running, LunarEpics is still my go to and the Pegasus 33 with forefoot and heel zooms probably the best out there right now from Nike. Can't wait to try the VaporFlys.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised that the clear soles on the rose 6 were pretty good. why is Nike's clear sole material so ****** when it comes to traction?

Best traction for indoor use for me was the og XIV. Never had to wipe with those. Kobe 1 and 4 had some pretty good traction. Kobe 9 was pretty good as well which was surprising based on the sole pattern.

on another note, is there a release date for the OG 1 shadows? I just got the royals and I love em.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the rubber compound that Adidas uses, first time you put them on they are already tacky and felt like you stepped on glue but it is also very, very brittle so outdoor use is not recommended.

I think Nike actually tried to make the rubber a little bit more durable so it sacrifices the traction.

Jordan Fly 89 Trainers
(aka AJ4 Qasa Trainers)

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you played in boost? I wore rose 6 for a bball season and they were great. Better than the bullshit tiny zoom bags that Nike uses now. If we are talking LeBron II zoom and OG Jordan XIV zoom, then that's the king of cushioning.
nope I don't ball. I believe you if you say so as also a few friends of mine really love some boost models to ball in, and also they always mention that they are much cheaper than top tier Nike BBall sneaker too. But as I train every day around one and half hour and also go run every now and then I can say it's a no-no for training and running. I have Ultra Boost and Energy Boost. No support, no stability and too soft. Energy Boost is way better anyway, but still not something I would choose if I only have 1 pair of sneakers for training and running. Anyway I see guys in the gym wearing boost sneakers, but they don't use their legs in training, don't even tie the sneakers in the gym... but that is another story.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when do those come out?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nike Current

LunarCharge Safari & AirMag

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads