NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

i think you should go to a nike store and try out all the different shoes out there. they're all made for different feet and activities.. i think even the strictly running shoes have about 7 different variations. I liked the look of the flyknits and pegasus best, but they recommended the lg+4's due to my stance and the way i walked. Not something i would have noticed walking around the shop, only after a month or so did i notice that i can walk and handle any activity for hours with no problems. maybe try out several pairs at a time for a week or so. nike usually encourages you test them out for runs, etc.

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

^^^^^^

True, however for anyone in L.A. if you are real serious about running like Marathons and shit, go to Fleet Feet. They actually have you try on multiple shoes, watch you run, walk, etc and tell you which is best for you based on yoru stride.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This is where I got my Flyknits and the store really is perfect for those who takes running seriously. The staff will actually tend to you one-on-one and get you the right/perfect running shoe. They even bring you outside and let you walk/jog in them. It's a pretty cool service and the stores itself have 5Ks for the community.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I feel the Free Runs doesn't really need breaking in, it's very flexible off the box and the uppers is as soft and pliable as the FKs so you can perform in them right out of the box. I have no experience with cleats so I really have no idea how it feels and can't really say which Nikes would be a good alternative.

If I am being honest though, if I could only have one pair of Nikes at the moment, it'll be the Free Run 3's. I think I remember you said you tried them on when buying the Flyknits and didn't like them? Might have been the Free Havens but I am not sure. To me it's just the most versatile and comfortable for almost every activity. I can run, lift weights, do plyo/HIIT, hiking or just to walk around in and it still looks good when worn casually. I think the only thing I won't do with the Free Runs is play basketball in them but if the uppers were more stable with a very good lockdown feel, I'd certainly give it a few games on the court. As much as I love the Flyknits and how they feel, it just isn't as versatile. Give the Free Run 3 (and maybe even the Free Run 2) another chance when you visit the store.

5. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Mesh King?

6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Stussy x Nike capusle

[​IMG]

7. hipster

hipster Senior member

size tts for nike gyak x uc jackets?

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

No; I'd recommend sizing up one. I wear L in Nike shirts/jackets, sometimes even M, and my gyakusou is XL.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Gyakusou runs small to ridiculously small, you can't even consider regular nike sizing because it's so fucked. You have to think normal sizing and size up one and even then the jackets may be too small.

10. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

So basically: If I am an S in Nike, a ttts Medium, I need L in gyak?

fuck

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

WAAAHHHH?!?!?!?

Where did you get thsi pic? And are those the lunars? I need.

p.s. Love the new Nike Air Max 1 OG VNTG in the background. Will get thsoe next spring when they come out.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's the Lunar One+ that are due to come out in the Spring of next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

i wonder how long until we get a flyknit free run.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Posted sample pics several pages back. My guess is next year, maybe around summer time.