1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

[​IMG]

Public School x Jordan 1

I don't like them. But I don't like 1's except for black/white/red and black toes. But I LOVE public school.
    These are limited to 50 for friends and family (assuming the WNL group) but there is apparently another version that will be released at 21 Mercer or that new(ish) Jordan store in NYC. So that will probably have like 100 pairs instead of 50 or whatever.
    Aside from the fact that I like Public School I don't really care much about them, I feel like the Public School Jordan 11 rips were way better than these anyway, but I figured somebody here might be interested.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Fuck Jordan Brand for even giving some wack ass brand like Public School an NA Jordan 1. Says a lot about JB today and how they feel about their customers.

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

STOP STEALING MY IDEA (5)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. hwai333

hwai333 Senior member

the Westbrook collection is ugly as hell

5. accordion

accordion Senior member

They should've given swaggy p a collection, he wears like EG and visvim i think.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

He's not on the Jordan Brand/Nike payroll. He's also not as marketable as Westbrook. Dude's a veteran and only got famous since he came back to L.A. and wear heat to play games. Dude is cool and all though, always hooping at the local gyms since he's from these parts.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yeah those fools want to make tons of profit with their market, crazy talk

2 people like this.
  8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

MJ laughing.gif

You guys can say eff JB or Nike all you want but you're probably still going to be buying them.

1 person likes this.
  9. accordion

accordion Senior member

Is public school wack? All I see is their stuff not selling in online boutiques.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I've bought 1 pair of Nikes in all of 2014. I will never buy another pair of Jordans again and that's a fact.

JB has always been in the business of making money. Except, once upon a time, they didn't completely rape and pillage every model so there was at least some allure which remained.

When it was announced that they were retroing the NA 1's, I was probably one of the most excited people there was.

And then this happened:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

As a consumer, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like this is OK. Hence why I'm not giving them any of my money. It's one thing to bitch and moan and then line up for the next Saturday release. It's another to stick to your guns.

12. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

Russell has more marketing power right now but Swaggy P is getting up there. Swaggy's one of the most entertaining hoopers out there, plus dating Iggy is a huge plus. Swaggy P always be clowning peeps love that. Russell a little bit too I'm da shit, with his game, how he talks to media, etc.

Swaggy be on Supreme, Balmain and whatever Kobe shoes are out there. I'm a lil partial to Swaggy cause he did an event wit my org to surprise kids at a high school encouraging all them to graduate and go to college. http://instagram.com/p/ojoW5SOGFv/?modal=true

1 person likes this.
  13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

If the nickname wasn't laughable enough, hearing Nick Young say a single word should confirm your suspicions. He's also a very inefficient basketball player. Iggy is awful and should feel very lucky that Clear Channel forced all of its stations to play her music a minimum number of times.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I root for Swag because like Gilbert and Farmar, he grew up around my area. They're around my age so they were buzzing when I was also in high school.

Sad to say but he will never be a top tier player. Yes he rocks those brands and so do other players in the league.

That's why I said its dope for him to rock heat on court ie Supreme Foams.

Players that will most likely get sig shoes and are marketable beyond Swag: James Harden, Kyrie Irving.

Swag just got blew up among the sneakerheads lately but he's what, 7 or so years in the league?

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yeah he talks like he's from the south. Word to homie Quan.

16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The year hasn't finished yet, my friend.

Kudos to you but the shoes still sell out within seconds. The sneakers are popular now than they were when he was playing.

As long as they continue to make major bread, they will continue to make them.

That once upon a time story is no longer in valid. This is coming from someone who remembers when Jordans were sold at Sears and JC Penney. New generation. New money.

17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

"That once upon a time story is no longer in valid."

Exactly. Which is why I'm opting out.

18. superego

superego Senior member

really want to like the flyknit free 4s I got, but part of me doesn't think they're gonna work for training/lifting stuff, and lunar 2s looks like they're gonna be too bulky--wish I'd bought a couple pair when I bought my lunar 1s.

19. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

If anyone is still looking for the RT AF1 lows, the Barney's in SF had the white pair in stock. Didn't inquire about sizes though.

20. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

Yeah the Vegas one had the RT white lows as well