NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Such a humid place. I would be in a tank and shorts and still sweating. Don't even know how the locals dress up like they actually have winters.

2. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Funny you say that...I was there last March and I was in board shorts + Tank everyday..and I see people wearing hoodys and long sleeve. (To avoid the tan)

3. lamergod

lamergod Senior member

When you live here long enough, you'll get used to the weather. And be smart, only walk in Air- Conditioned places and only go out around 3pm.

Even the ladies carry a umbrella to avoid the sun in mid-day.

4. ChasingBobby

Beautiful city, Malls everywhere, love the food but clothes and everything else is expensive(except for food)...

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

um i think wj4 is from there

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Close, dude.

I was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Moved to the US when I was in the 4th grade. Same region though..Southeast Asia. Super humid. It's hilarious that the buildings are freezing cold and when you walk out, it's humid to the 100th power. My glasses automatically fogs up from doing so.

I see the rich folks try to dress like they're from somewhere else, in cooler climate. I saw folks in full on layers with tweeds and all, while I was in shorts and tanks next to them sweating to death, lol.

I have never gotten used to the climate, nor has any of my family members who lived there their whole lives.

I love the homeland for what it is, but it's super expensive if you wanna ball out and cop the luxe stuff. There's like 2 stores that carry Yohji, Jill, etc. and those are super $$$. Cars are 200-300% expensive.

Yeah Bobby, they love the super pale look because if you're of darker skin, then you're most likely doing manual labor AKA poor. Opposite of the American culture that loves to sunbathe, haha.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

7. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

lights on

[​IMG]

lights off

[​IMG]

8. superego

superego Senior member

^saw one of those at the u village nike store on saturday, was nice, but retail was crazy

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Agreed. I stacked three discounts and got it for $125. Wouldn't go near $350 on it.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

how2stak

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

That's awesome, Chet! This is more or less what I wear to workout but not on this balling level.

Now go to a Niketown and see how many people mistakes you for an employee :D

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

As much as i like the reflective fabric after a couple washes they (Vapor flash last year and Shield flash this year) begin to irregularly rub out, which I really did not like and returned. Kudos to Nike for generous return policy! I wouldn't run at night in Minneapolis anyways with visibility not being the biggest problem so yeah :happy:

13. JoeyDigital

JoeyDigital Member

@ChetB = Nike Swag Champ

14. ChasingBobby

Yea I was told, pale skin is pure beauty lol...was in Thailand as well...country with alot of history.

15. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

In Taiwan, the teen / tween ESL magazines have ads for skin whitening cream. My ex (who is caucasian) got a lot of shit for being tanned. This, in a tropical country with an average temperature of a thousand degrees celsius. It was as though she were actively ruining her god-given bestowment of whiteness.