• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thenewjs

Reaction score
This would be funny if it weren't so sad. Wealthy kids locked up in a school 5 days a week, and they spend their spare time and money chasing shoes that they're afraid to wear. In highschool I spent most of my free time playing sports, scheming to get drugs and alcohol, and trying to get laid. Consequently, my shoe game suffered.
The kids lining up for these are not wealthy. These are mostly children of single mothers that are barely scraping by. Trust, I resold about 30 pairs of the Gamma's, 60 pairs of the Breds, 20 pairs of the Concords and I am currently unloading the remainder of my 1's. None went to a child of wealth. Every big release my phone blows up from single moms trying to score their kid a pair.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kids lining up for these are not wealthy. These are mostly children of single mothers that are barely scraping by. Trust, I resold about 30 pairs of the Gamma's, 60 pairs of the Breds, 20 pairs of the Concords and I am currently unloading the remainder of my 1's. None went to a child of wealth. Every big release my phone blows up from single moms trying to score their kid a pair.

You are scum.

kingsfull

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're hitting up the Woodburn location because MLK never has stuff like that.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for resellers. I'm talking about guys like thenewj's that are real resellers. That said, guys that camp or wait in line to buy 1 pair to flip piss me off to end.

thenewjs

Reaction score
On another note whats up with the Flyknit Trainers? Are they done or what?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeh I've gotten a few nice pick ups at the outlets lately.

I got the same destroyer jacket ($99), the Millerain x Nike destroyer ($89) a pair of the newsprint inneva's ($69) and the black mayfly wovens (forget the price but they were pretty close to retail, maybe $69-79) and the following week NDC restocked them). I also saw the same Millerain destroyer at the local TJ Maxx last week too for the same price.
And I was at Dick's today and they had a bunch of the tech pack (no pants or crews, but all of the rest in grey, charcoal and black and the full run of the womens tech pack - wife got the cape.)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, bro...I'm surprised you're still flipping kicks, not to say anything is wrong with that. I thought you'd be on that million dollar hustle now since your pops is connected and you're beyond your 20s.

You can't really blame him. It's a buyers market. If they don't buy from him, they'll get it from somewhere else.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no profession more honorable for a grown man than reselling made in china sneakers to desperate children.

thenewjs

Reaction score
Dang, bro...I'm surprised you're still flipping kicks, not to say anything is wrong with that. I thought you'd be on that million dollar hustle now since your pops is connected and you're beyond your 20s.

You can't really blame him. It's a buyers market. If they don't buy from him, they'll get it from somewhere else.

I dont consider myself a reseller. I never set out to do it, it just happened. Being prior Navy I am used to all my worldly possessions fitting inside of a coffin, I dont like to keep much stuff. So I tend to sell off un-used stuff through-out the year. So I am known locally to have stuff for sale. I'll go through a Jordan binge and then I realize I have too many and the selling begins.

One year I accidentally bought way too many pairs of the Space Jams. I thought they would get cancelled but they all shipped by the case. I struck out bad on the 11/12 pack the year before so I went through and asked all my military friends stationed all over the world if they could get a pair if their base got them. Most of them if not all came through, I wanted atleast two pair. So it was a mad dash to unload the stuff. It was well into June before I got rid of them. By then peeps were already telling me they would give me X amount of money for the Cool Greys the following December. The closer it got the more calls I got and it got crazy for those that struck out. I used the same technique I had used for the Space Jams and it worked and has since then with some added stuff.

I only buy what people have agreed to get from me. Flakers are at the minimal cause they know I will drop them the next go around. Plus Houston "LOVES" XI's so I knew they would sit long if I did have a flaker. As you know, I got other stuff brewing.

I was a full-time student back then and had started a pressure washing business to live on. This came along and it allowed me get out the sun and make what I had made with my business in one month and turn over the business to a nephew in high school.

Economy made turn for the better and has blessed my dad with amazing opportunities, but I never forgot that small hustle that allowed me to concentrate on school.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Posted on NT:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads