Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Eww at Gama XIIs

[​IMG]

I'd actually wake up early for the I's though.

2. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

you think gamma 12 will be crazy like today too?

also wj4, what website calendar do you use to learn about releases?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Today's release seemed like a walk in the park compared to the Taxi 12 release. Can only imagine how bad the Red Octobers are going to be.

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Fuck all Retro +'s except for maybe Cool Greys and Spacejams.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yes. All Jordan's will be because Hypebeasts.
    It's just a matter of differing levels of craziness depending on how good the kicks actually are, but there are also more than enough dickheads that will be botting and ordering simply because they are Jordans and "limited". They could be fucking orange and pink camo print 8's and it would still be crazy.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think the 12s are going to be a lot more hectic simply because they are quick strike. I'm guessing similar number to the Black Grape 5s.

I don't really use calendars since they can be updated at any given time. I browse NT and watch for insight from reputable members who work at Nike or somehow affiliated. Here and there, I'll tweet or DM a question to NT directly to confirm.

It's pretty interesting to gain some insight, like Nike had already planned on multiple restocking once the black/red 11s dropped and it was announced to the whole Nike campus.

It seems nothing is on my radar until those black/cement retro 3 '88 (if they are indeed dropping) and the low top Concord 11s.

Here's Nike's calendar. It has the 1s listed for the 28th, so I was wrong: http://insider.nike.com/us/

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Eh, I wouldn't say that personally. I remember when the Cool Grey 11s first came out in the 10th grade and some of us were on the fence about it. Fast forward a decade, now they're considered a classic, similar story to the Laney 5s that sat at my local FootAction at $50 for months. The Toro 4s were really nicely done too this year.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This is where all the programmers are writing the bots for themselves to be able to cop. I won't even waste my time with the Yeezys.

I can't even fathom those who pay thousands for Nikes. Kids taking their cars into Carmax and taking the bus home for that Yeezy money, man.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yep. As long as they are limited, it doesn't even matter what colors they are or how the shoes look like, kids are already out the door with a tent ready to camp out.

I'm just happy they usually make OG colorways in large amounts. The kids can have the Kobe Prelude package, Lebron Champsionship, Xmas pack, etc.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If you are over 23 and have an actual job, you're better off resigning to the fact that you'll be shelling out an extra $300-$400 to resellers for these sneakers (red octobers notwithstanding). None of us need the added stress of programming bots or getting shot up/beat up in line :plain:

11. OccultaVexillum

Truth. I'd much rather take my chances online and if I miss out, then oh well. I'm not going to go nuts about it. The only part that sucks is that occasionally there is a pair that I will REALLY want and there's simply no way to have a chance.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think the Red Octobers will be going for at least $3k, my friend. The most I've paid for Nikes were about $250 and I don't see that changing.

With me, it's retail or bust. Even at retail, it's already too much at times.

I also lurk the writing your own bot thread. It's pretty cool stuff and I'm trying to learn a bit myself for curiosity's sake.

Nike does go to extreme measure to ensure fairness is there though. There's been lots of times they cancelled orders on ndc because of bot usage. Of course they try to adapt and it's become a game of cat and mouse.

I usually find it more satisfying to help friends who work night shift or weekends. Hopefully I can come through again for the 1s but the hype is serious on these.

13. OccultaVexillum

I agree. There's actually been a handful of times where I've bought something at retail, then haven't even worn them a month later and then I realize that resale value is like an extra $100, so I end up selling them.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

my boy posted the taxis and i shat on him

i had the og foamposites back in the day my god they were hideous

i wish they'd release those htm flyknit frees those were the best

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I see that the shameful behavior over Jordans continues. Not that it's anything new, back in the day when I was living in West Hollywood, kids were getting robbed and shot over their Jordans.