• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EU is really different with sneakers. When I was in GR this summer, I just walked into an FL HoH and picked up Shadow 1s in my size, no problem. They were stocked to the roof with Toros, Fire Red 3s, both Grape 5s, etc. Crazy.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EU is really different with sneakers. When I was in GR this summer, I just walked into an FL HoH and picked up Shadow 1s in my size, no problem. They were stocked to the roof with Toros, Fire Red 3s, both Grape 5s, etc. Crazy.

Indeed, my friend. Asia is catching on though. I see pics of ROK and The Philippines, dudes were sleeping on the street waiting!

It was bound to happen. I hear this is in Brooklyn.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, there were hypebeasts afoot but nowhere near the amount we have here in North America. It was just funny to still see Black/Red 4s still on the shelves half a year after their release. :lol:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, there were hypebeasts afoot but nowhere near the amount we have here in North America. It was just funny to still see Black/Red 4s still on the shelves half a year after their release. :lol:

Different tiers indeed.

A lot of old school kicks are popular because of the Hip Hop culture. I mean even the Foamposites back in the day were known for stick up kids and the likes to rock because they were pretty expensive back then.

It just has taken off in the recent years elsewhere around the globe because of social media. Kids back in the homeland are paying *********** in everything, $1000+ for Aldens and $500+ for retro Jordans.

This is pretty disheartening (vid of fight for the shoes):

http://instagram.com/p/iMXS0GzE4U/#

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is pretty disheartening (vid of fight for the shoes):

http://instagram.com/p/iMXS0GzE4U/#

I do not ******* get why people take their shirts off before they throw it down, **** unless you are built like the Rock, the hell is taking your shirt off prove? Was he hoping the other laughs at his scrawny so he can sneak in a sucker punch?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do not ******* get why people take their shirts off before they throw it down, **** unless you are built like the Rock, the hell is taking your shirt off prove? Was he hoping the other laughs at his scrawny so he can sneak in a sucker punch?

It prevents someone from grabbing you by the shirt and using it as leverage. Think of hockey fights where jerseys get pulled up over the player's head.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you get a pair? i tried to buy a pair online but no luck...

No, not a fan of Gammas (only OG colorways for me). Just wanted practice for the black/red 1s so I decided to try my luck on these and see if I could get through and I did, then released it from the cart.

If you couldn't get a pair, I don't know, dude lol.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It prevents someone from grabbing you by the shirt and using it as leverage. Think of hockey fights where jerseys get pulled up over the player's head.

Pretty much it or put the shirt over you and use that to their advantage.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Makes sense but I have a feeling these idiots aren't thinking of it that way though.

Seen plenty of fights though and the shirt doesn't become much of crutch. Plus if I were fighting and see a dude removing his shirt/hoody, I'd bumrush him and get a few swings before he sees it coming. I've seen that happen a few times.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, not a fan of Gammas (only OG colorways for me). Just wanted practice for the black/red 1s so I decided to try my luck on these and see if I could get through and I did, then released it from the cart.

It's hit or miss, man. Depends on your luck. The easiest for me was the black toe 13s. Logged on, added and checked out within 1 minute. Some guys were having a super hard time.

These were a pain to get for my friend. Attempted for an hour on FNLs website.

Those 1s will be exponentially more difficult. Pretty funny given that the version from the early 2000s got marked down substantially.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alleniversonpractice.gif

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when do the 1's come out? im not seeing anything on NDC calender

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

when do the 1's come out? im not seeing anything on NDC calender

I think it's next Saturday? Gamma 12 is also coming out before the year ends too. Of course there's also the 3Lab5 on the 31st, the Kobe prelude 4 and Yeezys if FTL is not trolling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads