1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Kind of surprising how well Durants shoes have been selling. IIRC, last year he was behind Kobes $50m with Durant only selling $35m.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Get the fuck outta here with these terrible boots and the Kobes. Kobe has never had a good shoe.

trollin

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I wonder how much Wade is pulling in with his Way of Wade crap

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Man, first time I've ever called the Nike customer service. The dude was nice but it's ridiculously complicated and repetitive to ray and place an order manually and at the end they still told me it's just a "request" and it will take 2 business days before I find out if the order was accepted or refused.

5. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

nike berwuda, thoughts, feels?
    [​IMG]

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Came out of necessity due to the abusing. Just like how dudes used to abuse swoosh accounts.

Anyone copping the Tiffany Dunk Highs tomorrow?

7. OccultaVexillum

How so? Ordering multiple pairs or something?
    I just don't have credit in the US because I've only recently become a permanent resident, so all my "credit" is tied to Australia and that's where my card account is located. I don't have cash available here until next Friday or I'd just paypal it (just paid the last 7 grand on my wife's credit so we can close that shit! should've just paid off 6 grand so I'd have enough for these hahaha).

8. red81

red81 Senior member

i'm also over 30 and would feel like a doucher wearing most of these, but if air up's are released in black, i'm getting them as i had those in hs just for nostalgia feels.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Oh. I misunderstood then. I thought it was them waiting to give you a credit back via gift card and not actually crediting back monetary amount to your account.

10. OccultaVexillum

Oh yeah it's not that. Check out on NDC only allows you to chose USA or Canada as a billing address. I tried picking them up at sneakerpolitics and undftd and had the same issue so went to chat on NDC and they said I could place a manual order. Hopefully it goes through. If not, I'll just pray there are still 12's at retail next Friday.

11. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^the don't actually have a pair 'reserved' while a review is being done for your card. That is what i was told. So it could be sold out whenn they come back to you with an approved CC verification. Nike online store customer service blows.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I like them, the last pair looks like pair of reebok cf shoes though Oh and I'm 29 and I never owned a pair of J's, but I'm seriously contemplating getting a pair.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  13. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

I want a pair of the White/Infrared 6s but I don't think I'll ever really wear them :(

14. red81

red81 Senior member

15. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

This.

I'm getting too much attention from kids. At 33 it a little embarrassing when I'm with people my age (especially women) and I have some kid walk up to me to compliment me on my shoes. I was wearing a pair of Dave Whites in Subway yesterday and I was with a female, all the workers came from around the counter to check them out. My time is money and when the news reports kids lines up for hours buy Jordans, its hard for me to get my point across while wearing a pair.

So, while I would love to get a pair, I know I wont wear them. I'll stick to my Flyknits.

Someone said that its cool to see the elderly in Jordans. The 15yr old in me would agree, but I'm 33 and think its silly.

These are just my opinions/observations.

16. Wade

Wade Senior member

Some of you care too much about what others think

8 people like this.
  17. OccultaVexillum

This is what has me worried. The fact they released on a Friday and it's supposed to take 2-3 days for them to make a decision (I'm assuming this is business days) means it will be the middle of next week. I was thinking that Concepts and/or Bodega would be getting these though and they don't have them up yet, so hopefully it means there shipment wont arrive til early next week, then by the time they get them online Nike will have gotten back to me and I can cop them if I still need to.

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I find it funny when I used to show up to the local House of Hoops on my lunch break in menswear attire, and dudes said "is there anything you are looking for, sir?" I would reply saying saying something like "sup, bro...when are you guys doing the tickets for the black toe 13s or whatever shoes". It doesn't work anymore since the workers know me now though, lol.

2 of my boys copped the Kobes like an hour ago on Nikestore.com manually. I guess the Tiffany Dunks took the thunder away from the Kobes.

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The kid probably thinks you're an asshole then.

I don't know why it would be embarrassing frankly, but maybe because I like kids so I don't mind. I also get compliments from kids when I wear 'cool' kicks. If I have time, I would break bread with them. If I'm in a rush, I would just tell them that...tell them thanks, dab them, and peace out.

My coworker's kid is 7 years old and he is just getting into the sneakers. Dude always shows me the stuff he likes when I hang out with him, and I'm cool with that. I told him if he makes straight As, I'll buy him a pair. Now he shows me his test scores, lol.

I've dated older women too, up to around 10 years older than me, so definitely a few of them in your age bracket. They usually think it's cute/funny that kids would do that.

If you dudes are too old for these kicks, are you too old to rock varsity jackets and things of that nature too though?

1 person likes this.
  20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Everyone has their own prerogative. Personally, I don't want to be associated with the "Instagram" crowd - you know, the guys that are always posting up their recent cops, taking group shots of them wearing the same sneakers as their homies, etc. It's so beyond corny it baffles my mind that people continue to do it.

Everything is just getting played out these days.

1 person likes this.