1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I remember my mom giving me $100 as "vacation money" - we were on summer holiday and each of the kids got that much to buy stuff over the entire summer. day 1 I went right to foot locker and bought a pair of white/cement AJ IV's and had no more money the entire summer :embar:

3 people like this.
  2. jet

jet Senior member

those were the good old days my friend :fistbump:

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It did jump, Chet. While not too much, the quality has gone down tremendously, ie the midsole on the 3s and 4s now crack because of the cheap paint instead of being dyed like the OGs that didn't crack.

4. jet

jet Senior member

need more drops on sale shit so jet can cop

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You supposed to go into a store and tell them give me a pair of crew cut socks, here's a $100. Keep the change, b.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

These will be my next cop if it isn't going to be too limited.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeh I've def come around to the Masterpieces. If I still played ball I would cop, but I probably won't cos I know I wouldn't wear them off the court. Still really dope though.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Should be a GR, no? What do you plan on rocking with them, brosef?

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

The last pair of Jordans I bought, just a few months ago, ran me I think 160 on Nike.com. I know they went up another 10 or so since and that some releases are 200+. Still, it's surprising they haven't even kept up with inflation, especially since the demand is obviously high.

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

No need to keep up with inflation when you're retailing something for $140 and your cost per unit is $16.

[​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sadly, some are speculating Prelude numbers. The hi's, especialy with the multicolor flyknit are limited while the low top version (not yet revealed) are the ones that's a general release.

Eh, got to keep in mind they also have to pay for researchers, new innovations, the machines for those new techs, sponsorships/endorsements, distribution, etc.... At the end of the day Nike still makes bank but it isn't as black and white or as simple as $16 for a pair of shoes.

Overall, probably more like $20 per shoe. :lol:

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

need to find black terra arktos in a 13

13. jet

jet Senior member

post up fit pics want to see what they look like in the wild so i can cop the silver ones

14. jet

jet Senior member

really confused about id free run 3.0 (with 3.0 upper and sole) vs regular free run 3.0, former looks so much better online and not as anemic plus doesn't have the crazy slanted heel cup which i fucking hate on stock 3.0

dont know if i were to id a pair if they'd look like regular production 3.0, but i wouldn't pay 135 anyway (look so good though in all black with white sole)

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

not mine

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

damn son that looks great, like that colorway too

17. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

wish i got the all white

18. jet

jet Senior member

camo one is pretty sick too hmm

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Historically it makes no sense, lol.

Like you said most retros were $160. The 13s were $170 and 11s were $180 or 185 , can't recall.

The 13s retailed for $150 so that's not bad at all. The 11s were $125 so the jump is kinda big but all 11s sell.

I think $200 will be msrp for retros by 2020 if the Beanie Babies level hype still exists.

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I agree for new shoes, but for retros I don't think there's r and d involved other than remaking the mold.