NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not surprising considering they are endorsed by the biggest stars and Adidas' marketing is a hit or miss. They have the biggest big-man in the game right now and do you hear about his shoes? DRose is their only hope and that is pretty much it while Nike has so many stars that they can't even give a quarter of them their own signature shoes.

As for bball shoe design, nothing really gets me hyped anymore after Jordan XXI. Most sig shoes these days doesn't do it for me, they look huge and bulky and way too busy. Lebrons sig shoe is becoming bigger and uglier. I much prefer Nikes Team shoes like the HyperDunk or HyperEnforcer.

Kobes sig line is nice and all and I like it that it is low cut but they are trying to cram too much shit into it.

I just want a shoe like the BB1 or BB2 (two of Nikes best that they never continued because it's too simple), a shoe that has full zoom air that performs very well. Comfort, grip and fit is spot on. My favorite on the court is still Jordan XIVs, to me nothing could replace that, just a great all around basketball shoe.

2. PreMMM0

PreMMM0 Active Member

kobes are great ; performance, design, aesthetic
    best colorway is nikeid'd all black with the translucent sole

all time favorite basketball shoes would be 2k4s , too bad they rereleased with ugly colorways

3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I got some NSW Loopwheeler hoodies for sale if anyone is interested!

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

post them up, NWT?

5. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Yea 1 and 4 are pretty amazing. Looks like a lot of us online clothing forum people have come full circle :p

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

received these today:
    [​IMG]

Very snug with the current socks I wear. A 10 probably would be perfect/ideal. But FWIW, none of my shoes really fit how I like due to my thick socks. Without the insole the Flyknit feel good FWIW.

Where to pickup some socks? Will probably wait till Uniqlo opens on the 5th.

sizing:
    I am usually an 8.5/41.5/42 ideally and these are size 9.5
    My Nike Free 1's are also 9.5 but they are wider in the foot bed. The Nike MTRL are quite narrow and so are a 10.5 worn without the insole, size 11 with.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nike Dri-Fit cushioned or half-cushioned.
    I get the DriFit 6/$20 at Macys.com, the bottom is cushioned while the top isn't thus making it very breathable.

There is also the Elite, I have a few pairs of those and they are one of the best but they are also ~$12 a pair iirc.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

I need new socks, link me to nike.com i have a free next day air code.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This is the one I get from Macys.com, which is pretty thin but still cushioned on the bottom, $20/6pairs: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...k?ID=564243&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I believe this is the same one but at NDC it is $22/6pairs: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-403302/pgid-530590

I also have these, which is thicker and tighter and hugs the feet more but it's more cushioned except for the forefoot that has ribbing for breathability: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-319847/pgid-530620

I pretty much have all types of Nike socks (really nothing like pulling out fresh new socks whenever I feel like it so I stock them) but the Dri-Fit is the best and I highly recommend them, especially in hot Cali weather.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

The ones I use are cushioned running dri fits like the last link, I'll probably just cop those thanks.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG]

12. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

^Just ID a pair. The faded flyknit and speckled soles are tempting, but I'm fine with my regular black ones since I just use them for running.

Someone might be able to get me some Lunargrands for half off. Should I do it?

13. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

was interesting to see alexander wang NY store has their male employees in these

[​IMG]

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'd do it if it is the colorway I wanted.

Is this colorway available? Can your friend hook it up for the rest of us? :D
    [​IMG]

15. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Ditto that. I've always thought the Lunargrands would be a nice cop at half off or more.

Let us know!

:slayer: