1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/element-shield-pants-running-pants/pid-416065

Front is some sort of wind blocking material while back is more breathable. waterproof, super comfortable, and a slimmer cut, though not as tight as the tech pants because the material is a bit looser.
    Only negative is that there are no side pockets, only the tiny zipper key pocket on the back.

also picked up the non-fleece tech pants that are more like chinos. too chilly to wear yet but were comfortable when I tried them on. didn't realize they have elastic parts on both sides.

2. superego

superego Senior member

it's like a fucking nike element commercial in here...have been thinking about one of the jackets independent of, actually. wish nike had more long sleeve zip shirt options though, about all I wear

3. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

the wool dri-fit ones aren't half bad. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-dri-fit-wool-half-zip-running-top/pid-773902/pgid-773908

i prefer the v-necks, but for some reason the US didn't get the heathered wool dri-fit v-necks I saw in asia. Really regret not picking one up.

[​IMG]

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

will kop those elements when they go on clearance :lol:

5. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Anyone know the exact date when Kobe 8s won't be available anymore on nike.com? Have to plan buying one more custom ID before the 9s.

6. jet

jet Senior member

nice kwonsta I thought about those pants but I'm pretty damn happy with my two sweats

now I'm leaning towards the Loden zip jacket

7. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Yea, I usually wait for sales (especially with nike) but discover was having 20% cash back at the time I bought everything. liked the pants/jacket so much that I got the same ones for my gf's dad too.

loden is a great colorway too. the only one I didn't like was orange, but that's more because of my asian skin tone.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

For those that want the Taxis, I think it should be pretty easy on Nikestore.com tomorrow at 8AM EST since it's not a Twitter Link Only.

Go on the site 5-10 mins before 8AM EST, search for "130690-125" and refresh until it shows up and check out ASAP.

1 person likes this.
  9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway, Agassi Air Tech Challenge Huarache retros coming out look great

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

That's how it always is with JJ. It was working fine for the few seconds before J23 and them blasted. It was the preferred spot when the backdoor links were still working. No more though.

Nikestore.com will be the easiest way, no doubt about it. I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd pair even though that one will probably never see the light of day due to the limited days I can even wear sneakers.

1 person likes this.
  11. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Taxi are easy to get....shouldnt be a problem...just make sure you get on NDC around @ 8AM...
    im def. passing up on the Taxi...as i have to pick up my Prelude II...

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's funny to me how when those Kobes came out, they were butt ugly and went on sale multiple times because no one wanted them. Now that Nike cooked up the series with some stories behind them, all the hypebeasts want them due to them being limited. Also LOL at $200 price tag...Kobe jumped over the Jumpman.

I'd be curious to see how much someone sells the complete set from 1-8 for.

I hope the trend stays like this. The new generation can have all that 3Lab5, DB series, etc. limited stuff. Just give me nostalgia kicks to bring back old memories.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

I never liked Kobe line of shoes....but hey if you can get your hands on a pair without any hassle...why not...

I myself am with you bout the OG sneakers...the only pair I am looking forward to this month is the Bred 1. ....Gamma I find ugly...

14. apositivebalanc

apositivebalanc Member

It looks like it was the same bidder who got the price up there.

15. superego

superego Senior member

nice, found flyknit racers in black/white sz 11.5 at a nike store in CA, should be here next week. nike CS is killin' it

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I see you, man. Sell that thing for a profit because the twos are ugly as sin. I only wish it was this lucrative when I was in undergrad. Would've made a nice side hustle.

17. stick

stick Senior member

Pass on the orange. Their product images aren't true to color. In real life, the orange doesn't have any of the brown hues the site seems to show, it's more of an prisoner jumpsuit orange than rust.

1 person likes this.
  18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

NDC :cool:

Meanwhile, on the other sites...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Any 12's?
    Still on the hunt to replace my current pair.