1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Drake the type of nigga whose signature shoe looks the same except for the sole.

1 person likes this.
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Air Jordan 1 Mid Red Suede/Black
    [​IMG]

3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Drake the type of nigga to see these on someone's feet and say "Nice 3's!"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this is epic he misnames every pair

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How long before he drops a verse about this collab?

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Drake should have his JB contract revoked for this. :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

7. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Looks like something you see on the $20 rack at a sporting goods outlet.

8. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

Drake should outsource his designing to Donda.. Better yet... he can be an investor too.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I;m just kinda mad that people keep fucking up the 3's and 11's. There is nothing that comes close to the OG colours, so quit watering it down.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The new school wasn't even born then so it has no significance. As long as they are limited they will be wanted because that is considered "heat"

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

But the OG colors are still being whored out on a yearly basis. Can't blame Nike if the crappy colors keeps selling.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Also, Kobe 9
    [​IMG]

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think I'll be done for the year after the black/red AJ 1. Unless I can find a woven lunar chukka as well

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

But are they selling? Take the OG 1's - the only CW's that sold out were the OG colourways. The other bullshit they put out is still sitting on shelves.

15. OccultaVexillum

Exactly. It's just like a plan b for a lot of people. "oh I didn't get the fire reds so I'll get these shitty things instead".
    The same reason all the "flight" monstrosity's and jordan branded, non-Jordans (if that makes sense) are all over the place - because people see the jumpman and get all hyped up about it for no reason.

The shit that Drake is doing is just pointless, the only reason for it is because they are 11's so people think they are dope no matter what ugly ass colourway they put on them.

16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

To an extend. My coworker wanted to cop some retroes for her son. She will not be getting in line or jump thru hoops for them. She settled for the 6 Rings or whatever they're called in the same colorway since that model didn't sell. Her 8 year old son is happy and they got the $120 or whatever it cost for the shoes from her.

17. OccultaVexillum

I actually kinda like the idea of the Kobe 9's, but they lose me after the ankle. Would be better as a low or mid instead of that elongated shoe/sock thing from the 28's. Other than that, any excuse for my flyknit is good with me.

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

To RFX's defense, look at the Bel Air 5s or Fear Pack. Horrible colorways that sold out due to hype. As long as they are heat they will sell.

If they make these Drake Jordans all quick strikes, they will sell.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yes they are selling, even if they make it to the sales rack they still sell, even if they make it to the outlets they still sell. It doesn't always have to sell out or be sold at retail price for Nike to make money on it.

At the end of the day, Nike knows exactly what it is doing. They produce these less than stellar colorways and make less profit but it is on purpose, it makes the release of OG colorways much more hyped and they can release it every half decade or so because of the demand and still sell out.

There is a reason Jordans is still Nikes biggest money maker.

In comparison, JB alone made $2b in US sales while the next biggest name is Lebron at $300m, just imagine that gap. And yes, that is mainly due to all the Team Jordans and crappy retroes that JB/Nike puts out.

20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I have money on Lebron being a bigger brand than Jordan in 10 years. Just watch.