• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So now that the flyknit frees have been out for a while, is there anyone who's been using them for the past month that can offer a good review of them?  Are they completely unwearable with socks?  Better than any other iteration of the frees that have been released recently?

Flyknit Free came out like 2 weeks ago. :lol:

I have ran maybe 5-6 miles in mine though and I wear them with socks. It is tight by the ribbing but just give it a good pull and once you're in motion, you won't notice it much. One thing that this shoe is though is light, it is probably the closest feeling to wearing almost nothing when it comes to running shoes, granted I've never ran in racing specific shoes. Shoe is very ventilated too as you would expect, The shoes is liek a sock and the laces are great for tighten it up further for a more lockdown feel.

The sole on these feels lower too despite the 5.0 sole, felt closer to the ground than my Trainer 3.0, I haven't really check but I think it is due to a thinner insole. I think this is as barefoot as I've ran in so far and I've ran in Free Run 2 and 3.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I wanted an ugly running shoe I'd go back to asics

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Tried these on in Niketown...interesting. I will wait until they go on sale and kop...not worth the $160 when i need a real pair of running shoes.

this looks good but i'd rather cop the fresh prince ones can't wait til they drop to like 80 with coupons n ****

Golf54

Reaction score
im not sure if they will grow on me, but the prototypes for the flyknit frees looked a million times better

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im not sure if they will grow on me, but the prototypes for the flyknit frees looked a million times better

You're probably referring to the HTM Flyknit Frees--I agree, way better. The sock-like ones with the "pixelated" wave design are marsupialed.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of all those shoes I posted pics off.

I sold the Jordans first ....

lame....

those retros are **** quality.

To keep it 100, the quality of the Jordans currently out, at least from what I bought, ie Black Toe 13s, black/red 11s, Grape 5s are of the same quality of the retros I bought back in high school circa 2000-2003.

I know Nike has to do those Fly Knit Free with the Lunar midsole...would cop because of the sockless feature.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
damn looks real good here, are these the socks that come with them?

nate-robinson-nike-free-flyknit.jpg

TC1990

Reaction score
no, those just look like electric green socks that match. the socks that came with the pre-orders go up past my knees, and i don't think they're included with the shoes anymore, unfortunately

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the gray/blue Free Inneva Wovens today but am having second thoughts.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe those are the socks that came with the shoe that was pre-ordered from NDC. Regis got one with his order, maybe he could confirm it?

Last edited:

TC1990

Reaction score
yeah, those are the ones. they're about twice as long as the ones pictured on the guy on the field. they came with every colorway that was pre-ordered before a certain time and arrived on the friday before the official release date, hence the "happy flyknit friday" card. i ordered a pair shortly after i received the pair with the card and socks, and none of the extras were included, not even the free flyknit tag

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Not sure if this is the right place but this is my first time posting. I found these the other day, they re in MINT condition. Calling all sneakerheads!

Right place for pictures. Wrong place for advertising.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wrong site and wrong forum, try niketalk or eBay and you have to use the marketplace.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads