1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

He kept it real with the Big 5 Nikes in the vid, lol.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Those new flyknits are nice

Copped black nike free's and black free woven chukka's

Gonna get another pair of the black free's, I've been jogging heaps again so I'll need em

3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Got my Flyknit's. A little too small, oh well I can live with it.

4. casquette

casquette New Member

I would definetly go for the Nike SB Stefan Janoski

[​IMG]

5. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Man, those Oreo 5's seem like a bust of a release. I hit the mall at like 7:30pm and a bunch of stores still had some in stock

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Bad timing. You have to realize the major demographic group that consumes these sneakers are high school and college kids. The DB Foams and 10s just dropped last week, Safari Foams also dropped last week, the Lebrons dropped recently as well, The Gloves dropped a couple of days ago, the Megatron pack also dropped this morning, The PS4 and Xbox One came out a week ago, and December is packed with 5 or so Jordan releases....kids don't have the financial means to keep up.

I'm surprised myself. I had the chance to cop at mid day, but man that colorway is ugly.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  7. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Yeah, you make a solid point. I just would've thought that a pair of black and white 5's would sell better since 5's are one of the more popular models. I don't get the hype on foams, those are the ugliest shoes ever.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Maybe they just produced a shit ton of pairs

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i felt the same way about foams til i got a pair. my kid loves them for bball, has 4 pairs now.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Any retros would be considered hot nowadays except some funky colorways like those "Suns retro 8s. There's probably been at least 5 colorways of the 5s that dropped this year so far. I'm kinda let down they didn't retro the black/silver OG colorway to complete the whole OG colorway collection this year. Yes I know they only got retroed 2 years ago but a man can hope :(

It's a general release so this is given.

I love Foams myself. Got 3 pairs, but MSRP is too high now. Kudos for your boy for actually balling in them! No one really liked them back then. It became an NYC and DMV thing at first, now it's just all over. The recent Foams are flops though...the weatherman or whatever it's called, and that red radar one that looks like tampon, and this Safari too.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

typical kid though, he loves the tampons and bought the safaris. he has the fighter jets which i think are cool. i love my stealths.
    i lied and told him i bought the oreos but i refuse to buy anything else until his feet stop growing.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Oh yeah, I'm not knocking the new school..I'm a boring fart now so I mainly stick to OG colorways to relive my youth or what I wanted as a kid. We did our thing with painted AF1s and pro cut jerseys so I can't say anything myself.

I have the Fighter Jets myself. Despite what most say, I think the colorway is very well done.

His feet are still growing??!! And you have all that stuff??!!! :foo:

Does he wear them with matching Nike Elite socks? :happy::embar: It seems that is what the kids are doing now. Funny because back when I was in high school, it was all about low cuts and quarter socks.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yeah he will pass them onto his brothers. don't fucking get me started on elites. we have 2 pairs for every shoe, e.g. black w/white and white w/black.

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Kids go nuts for those Elite socks. My 9-year-old nephew and his friends collect them.

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i wear them with rick owens shorts and tights...sometimes....when my son doesnt steal them out of my drawer

16. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I run in over the calf Elites. They're monochrome, though, which kind of defeats the purpose I guess.

17. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

How hard will it be to cop the Taxi XIIs and Black/red Is this December?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

we paid almost 400 for the breds they were really hard to find. the taxi i special ordered. your best bet is desperate kids at sneaker con. i got toros for 100 beacause one dude spent all his money and had no other way to get home.