1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

I thought they just wore posing thongs.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

That was my point. Its not like a guy who wears UA criticizes another guy in CW-X that he spends way too much money for gears.

Bah I've been writing and erasing paragraphs but I am just not a good writer like most of you here.

I just think it is great that there is another way to get people into living more healthier lives, and calling people out (novice or experienced) for dressing up in the gym is kind of mean.

edit: Oh, were you saying UA is expensive? I was trying to compare expensive gears ($90< tights) vs cheaper ones (UA was much cheaper only few years ago remember)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

My initial reaction to these, especially the flaps around the ankle, is not good. I hope they're as comfortable as the original Kobe 8s

4. jet

jet Senior member

new kobes look good

synth join me, i'm the best dressed du at my gym

5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I've seen thong sandals and boat shoes at my gym

6. jet

jet Senior member

i've seen sandals, golf jackets, sunglasses, baseball jerseys, swim trunks, jean shorts, dudes wearing blue tooths etc. I've seen it all and this is while working out.

Motherfuckers love wearing nutri shop and max muscle tees because they just spent 200 on supps and they don't look like they work out.

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Oh, I don't mean that wearing nike means you're fit, but one of the things that I actually think is good about the company is that they've made fitness pretty cool. Now, I'm not a girl, and have only been partially swayed by unrealistic portrayals of the ideal male physique, but I still feel like going and running around and clambering over things whenever I put on my nike schwag - despite the cerebral element that knows I'd be just as physically successful in a pair of boxer shorts.

8. superego

superego Senior member

where'd you row?

9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Hehe yep can't forget swim trunks, hibiscus and orchids everywhere

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

LOL, I sorta agree. I know guys who are obsessed with getting bigger. They spend $200+ a month on supplements and as a result, they just go to the gym in cut up old t shirts and Target shorts.

I rarely see anyone at the gym in some cool workout gear though. If anything, it's usually mismatching stuff...ie Puma Ferrari track jacket, Reebok pants, and some Team Jordan hybrid shoes.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I felt the tension coming through my car speakers this morning. Felt like I was watching a scary movie without the visual.

1 person likes this.
  13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

mexicans in jeans and sweaters and loafers in the gym are the best

2 people like this.
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

New Megatrons look pretty cool, although I don't know if I would train in them and they don't fit my aesthetic casually (but tbh I kind of want the action figure :laugh:)

15. jet

jet Senior member

:lol: i totally forgot about this

some kids will come in their skinny jeans, vans, tee, carabiner, and vans as well, seen dudes wearing polos with collars popped, saw old asian du wearing chinos and loafers doin tricep pulldown

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  16. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I don't mind the old folks. Once you get to that age you can do whatever the fuck you want... The guys in slippers with socks and construction boots kill me every time.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

The fun thing about a NYSC passport membership is that the characters you see in each gym are really reflective of the neighborhoods. The chlesea one is super gay, the murray hill one is filled with former sorority girls, the harlem one is filled with these giant african dudes, midtown is all yuppie types after work, upper west side is pretty empty except when schools are on break at which point its unbearably filled with college kids.

Everyone's generally pretty normal though, I think because it's not the cheapest or the most expensive. The really weird rich people are at Equinox (I saw some weird ass ppl when I went there), while the people who don't really give a fuck go to planet fitness or the local ymca

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  18. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Holy fuck that Kanye media blitz was painful to watch. He's a fucking douche for what he did to Sway. The fucked up thing is him and Sway have a lot of history together and Kanye acted that way towards him, whereas Charlamagne absolutely sonned him for 15+ minutes on the Breakfast Club interview, introducing him as Kanye Kardashian and calling him out on absolutely all of his contradictions and all Kanye could do was smile and let out a big, audible "sigh".

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

He was kind of full of shit on the Breakfast Club.

He claimed there that Nike paid him $4m a year to design a shoe and he still wants royalties like MJ? Dude acts like he got paid $50 for a design that was life altering when in reality that was really just a mash up of older Nike/Jordan designs.

And he takes credit for making retroes popular? :lol People were lining up for retroes even before Kanye even got into a car accident that almost ended his life. 2001 Retro Concords sold out iirc.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, sort of want...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.