• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

got these yesterday from RRS ... slightly less pink IRL

also got my multicolor racer's last week ... normally i size down on all flyknits, but the 8.5 racers were too narrow. thank god i ordered 8.5 and 9.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there still tax when it's an international order? When the b&m store (or warehouse?) doesn't exist in your state in the US, that meant you pay no tax.

This is why I order from Bergdorf when I see something I like from Neimans, essentially the same company (they even share some of their online stock) but since there is no Bergdorf Goodman in CA, I do not get charged with tax even if there is a Neiman Marcus store here.

Same reason why I like Eastbay and buy from them all the time, no tax.

Eastbay doesn't charge tax still? I thought they started changing tax in all states now? Haven't copped since 3 or 4 years ago so I don't know anymore.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Havne't ordered from them in years either, not sure why they would charge tax though since they do not have a store in CA? Unless they opened up an office or a warehouse somewhere in CA, I really don't know.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havne't ordered from them in years either, not sure why they would charge tax though since they do not have a store in CA? Unless they opened up an office or a warehouse somewhere in CA, I really don't know.

Actually I retract my question. They do. I added a pair of Jordans to see if it would go through a while back. It went through and showed tax and shipping charges. I didn't pull the trigger because I just wanted to see if the item can be added successfully.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Main difference is the thickness of the sole. 5.0 is thicker than 3.0.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The number for the Frees corresponds to how close it is to barefoot feel. A 3.0 is closer to a barefoot feel than a 5.0. It is also closer to the ground for the heel I believe.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Spain at the end of the year for a couple weeks and only wanted to bring 1 pair of shoes. What color flyknit is the most versatile? I'm thinking the wolf grey as it should go both with blues and browns and also black and white. I like the black flyknit trainer but figured black would mainly go well with other black and white clothes.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gray, every turista is gonna be traipsing around in black sneakers

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've been doing a lot of steep stair runs and hills having some trouble keeping my shoes on sometimes I think it might be something with the low back of my shoes, what you guys think of the new Free Flyknit or should I stick with my basketball shoes?

Dino19

Reaction score

got these yesterday from RRS ... slightly less pink IRL

also got my multicolor racer's last week ... normally i size down on all flyknits, but the 8.5 racers were too narrow. thank god i ordered 8.5 and 9.
Still looking for the Racer multi. It's so hard to get outside of US.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally snagged these, everybody slept on these in my opinion, super nice in person.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

These did not get much love, but I pre-ordered because of the state of my Roshes. Supposedly it was to ship Aug. 1 but I got notification that its coming tomorrow. I'm an amateur when it comes to nike running shoes so I am hoping these work out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads