NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I've given it some thought and I've upped my threshold for the htm flyknit frees just because I'm tired of everyone having the same shoes at the gym. It's like a fashion show in there I swear.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with all the nike shit I have from gyakusou to the running shirts, fragment packable track suit, to all the different sleeveless training shirts I have. My only complaint is the pants are garbage, still using 10 year old knit pants that look like mc hammer joints. I was at the nike store in the caesars palace shops and they had the same woven pants ndc has with the lame reflective strip at the cuff. I know you said to check out NT spencer and I still haven't done that, just amazes me how crap the pants are. The knit dri fit is so much nice than the woven, lengths are way too long, don't taper enough and if they do like the soccer ones the rise is too short and no pockets, and terrible reflective strips.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

Don't you know mc hammer pants are in right now? #pyrex4eva

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

WJ4,

It was the shadow 1s and it was at some store called jimmy jazz. I only found out about them lurking on nike talk. They had the IVs available at that time too.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

So you don't wear socks with these shoes?

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Oh, yeah..Backpack Jimmy! They used to launch at 12AM, and always crash. Word is they will do random launch times now.

Hahaha. Profit margin for Pyrex is so high...screen printing from Champion gear.

It's the gym, bro. Go in, do work, and leave. There's always a couple of cats trying to stunt at my branch with the newest kicks. Props to them, but I'm only there for an hour to work out.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

I see no reason not to like what I wear at the gym, then again I'm not a slob at home either. Never understood that it's just the gym philosophy therefore don't spend money on gym gear, I'd never wear nikes out in public.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm not saying that. I spend a good amount on gym gear too. I swear by Under Armour clothes for the gym. But if there's some stuff you want to rock that's a general release, I don't think you shouldn't rock just because others will have them too. Either way, cop as you please :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Personal choice. Lots of people wear them w/o socks and others say they get some irritation or chafing in the heel while others have no problem at all.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't give a fuck what I look like at the gym, as I leave completely drenched, so wearing something nice would be pointless.

Short part I can feel, I have been looking for a new pair, for weeks and weeks now and I can't find a pair, that doesn't fit like a skirt and stops above the knee.

The closest I have come, is these.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/park-knit-football-shorts/pid-709254/pgid-709253

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I kind of disagree of just wearing whatever to the gym. Though I do not try to look good, wearing compression shirts or dri-fit clothes make a huge difference in comparison some regular cotton tees especially when I am doing cardio. I also do not wear my regular boxers (not only because it destroys them quicker), I have to wear some compression shorts under my regular shorts/sweats or else things a bouncing up and down and swinging left and right when doing cardio/HIIT/Plyo. It's also much cooler with a dri-fit compression clothes especially when running outside on a humid weather.

11. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

Can you guys recommend some good looking sweatpants? I was going to get some Thom Browne joints but I remembered that i dont make $400/hr. I work from home so realistically sweatpants should be the most worn piece but I have none. Would really appreciate it. Been looking at reigning champ, acne, and some other brands so far

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't wear what ever, I wear gym clothes, but I find styling at the gym at bit pointless and fit is so much more important.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I gotcha, just thought you just wear whatever raggedy clothes you find. :lol:

Lots of crappy gym clothes out there though, you can get a cotton tee from Champion for $3 and it is as stiff as a cardboard after one wash and rip apart after a month or so of washes. Nike and Under Armour are my go to gym clothes and they rarely look like crap.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I wear Nike running shorts to the gym, never in pants, and uniqlo tank tops. Thats it...I'm never in sleeves or long pants cause I just sweat right through them. For cardio, Nike running shorts and either Nike compression shorts or UA compression shorts, otherwise I chafe something awful. If its warm enough not to wear a jacket, I usually go without a shirt to run, otherwise I had a great Brooks neon windbreaker thats perfect...and winter runs always have me in thick Nike compression turtlenecks and the jumper. I've had most of that stuff for years now (the Nike shorts were a Fathers Day gift from my first Fathers Day...my oldest is now 5.

Anyway, here are my flyknits in Savannah:
    [​IMG]

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member