• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
love those ajs prob wouldn't buy tho

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OG AJ1 blk/red Hi's coming out too.

So it's finally confirmed? I pre-emptively sold off all my 2001 black/reds in lieu of the 2013 release later this year so this is a relief. I much prefer the shape and lack of padding around the ankles of the 2013 release :slayer:

Golf54

Reaction score
Wow. I need to get ready for the Saturday morning clicking battle. I'm 0 for 4 at the moment but I'm desperate for a hit this time
drool.gif

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those black/reds coming out Saturday?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think any Jordans are coming out this week, Fire Reds III are next and that comes out early August iirc.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think any Jordans are coming out this week, Fire Reds III are next and that comes out early August iirc.

Those charity DB 3s are dropping this Sat. Impossible to cop to us. Kids are trying to reduce hops to the NDC server, upgrading their Internet service and computer while trying the most sophisticated bots for them and the Brons.

Golf54

Reaction score
Is there a legitimate pre order site to get Jordan's from? I'm not good at coding to design a bot and my Internet is capped out as it is. Always have been unable to get the Jordan's and releases I'm looking for. Those youngn's must click faster than us old men.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a legitimate pre order site to get Jordan's from? I'm not good at coding to design a bot and my Internet is capped out as it is. Always have been unable to get the Jordan's and releases I'm looking for. Those youngn's must click faster than us old men.

No one does pre orders and if they do the price is grotesque. If you just want GRs then your chances are better and sometimes random sizes pop back up on the retailers' sites. Just bought a pair of Grape 5s for my friend last week on FootAction.com randomly on a Thurs morning. It's retail or nothing for me. Quality is inferior as is for msrp.

Golf54

Reaction score
Wj4 you are right that's why I don't want to shell out 400 bucks for Jordan's. you gotta teach me your ways because as odd as it sounds I can never get past the refresh page

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wj4 you are right that's why I don't want to shell out 400 bucks for Jordan's. you gotta teach me your ways because as odd as it sounds I can never get past the refresh page

I'm just an ordinary guy that is trying to cop some sneakers to break up the menswear, man, haha. I'm not those dudes who drop $150-200 for the top of the line bot that cops multiple pairs.

You won't have to pay $400. Most retro Jordans now are $160, with the exception of the 13 that was $170 and the 11 that was $185. It seems that all of the OG colorways are widely releases so those are easier. I tried to get several pairs and were successful in the black/white/red 13, grape 5, black/red 11, and the toro red 4 that came out last weekend. The only pair I struck out on was the black grape 5. Those were kinda limited (or Nike wants to make it appear that way). Nike now releases shoes in waves and every several months they have restocks on their site, which is usually unannounced, but kids still pay attention closely and shoes sell out within minutes still. This is 'the shoe game' as the kids call it.

I find that as time goes on, prices on Craigslist drops A LOT. The release date is always the highest because of the hype, but as time goes by and no one buys, they drop the price. I tell these kids that they're making less than minimum wage if you're spending 3-4 hours collecting tickets only to make $20 or so in profit. My theory is that after a while, the kids just want to unload and break even so they can move on. A lot of stores now are doing final sales so they can't return them. And something comes out almost weekly, be it Jordan, Kobe, KD, Lebron, etc. To have a flow of $200 or so weekly continuously for a kid is a lot of money...so they need to sell and recycle the income to keep buying.

When you try to buy from Eastbay, FootAction, Footlocker, you need to keep hitting the add to card button even though it won't let you until they announce the shoes are officially sold out. They can only process X orders per minutes and you have hundred of thousands of kids trying to submit orders at once.

I also try to collect raffle tickets with hope of avoiding this whole mess in the first place. I collected about 15 for the black grape 5s, and 22 or so for the toro red 4s and got no calls, haha. The only thing I won was the Kobe Mambacurial for a friend.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just an ordinary guy that is trying to cop some sneakers to break up the menswear, man, haha. I'm not those dudes who drop $150-200 for the top of the line bot that cops multiple pairs.

You won't have to pay $400. Most retro Jordans now are $160, with the exception of the 13 that was $170 and the 11 that was $185. It seems that all of the OG colorways are widely releases so those are easier. I tried to get several pairs and were successful in the black/white/red 13, grape 5, black/red 11, and the toro red 4 that came out last weekend. The only pair I struck out on was the black grape 5. Those were kinda limited (or Nike wants to make it appear that way). Nike now releases shoes in waves and every several months they have restocks on their site, which is usually unannounced, but kids still pay attention closely and shoes sell out within minutes still. This is 'the shoe game' as the kids call it.

I find that as time goes on, prices on Craigslist drops A LOT. The release date is always the highest because of the hype, but as time goes by and no one buys, they drop the price. I tell these kids that they're making less than minimum wage if you're spending 3-4 hours collecting tickets only to make $20 or so in profit. My theory is that after a while, the kids just want to unload and break even so they can move on. A lot of stores now are doing final sales so they can't return them. And something comes out almost weekly, be it Jordan, Kobe, KD, Lebron, etc. To have a flow of $200 or so weekly continuously for a kid is a lot of money...so they need to sell and recycle the income to keep buying.

When you try to buy from Eastbay, FootAction, Footlocker, you need to keep hitting the add to card button even though it won't let you until they announce the shoes are officially sold out. They can only process X orders per minutes and you have hundred of thousands of kids trying to submit orders at once.

I also try to collect raffle tickets with hope of avoiding this whole mess in the first place. I collected about 15 for the black grape 5s, and 22 or so for the toro red 4s and got no calls, haha. The only thing I won was the Kobe Mambacurial for a friend.

Preach!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads