NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. anthonyp

anthonyp Member

If any Canadians are looking for the flyknit volt racer, you should check your local Running Room or the store's online shop; they basically had a full size run last time I checked.

Should be fine for casual jogs/walking. I've done 20km runs in mine without any problems but if you don't run a lot you're feet might not be used to the lack of cushioning when running longer distances in them. Mine also had a pretty short lifespan in comparison to some of the other lightweight trainers and racers I've used.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yeah mine are 12's and they don't look big at all. sleeker lines than the frees for sure.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

4. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Those are some ugly shoes.

5. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I wouldn't wear those on April 1st.

6. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Okay, so I found the Nike Store Yorkville in Toronto still has a large supply of Roshe's at 89.99 (canadian retail for em) including the blue/orange colour scheme I wanted. Got excited and asked them to hold a pair for me in my size. Went to the store and tried them on. Out of the box they looked even better in person, but then I tried them on.

For some reason I found the exaggerated sole/heel to be quite comical looking and felt clownish in them. Wish it was less prominent. Ended up saving my money. Too bad, cause i fucking love these shoes when they're not on my feet.
    [​IMG]

7. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Damn it, where can I try on those Flyknits in NYC?

8. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

I've gone up to 1/2 distances too in the LT2 with no issues, but would concur re: the durability. In fact, my Gyakusous now have a full fledged hole in the right toebox, and developing one on the left. That was after about 300km, which was probably time to swap them out anyways. My second pair (regular LT2's) haven't yet, but I wouldn't be surprised when I log more mileage.

I also noticed the Flyknits and R3 on running room's site. With tax that puts them > $200. Not sure where else to get them in Canada, so I was looking at ordering the R3's from RMK and even with their pricey shipping, it would come in around $150.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

The nike running store. Don't know if they have that colourway, but they have flyknits.

10. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

they had that colorway at 21 Mercer last weekend, and a couple of others (orange, volt)

11. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

RFX45, there's a mens colorway of that windrunner in reverse colors too(though I admit not as nice):

[​IMG]

NDC has the NSW Button-Down "jacket" with mesh and polyester panels that was on end. XS is already sold out. Sort of tempted to order it just to see how it looks and feels in person since shipping would be free.

[​IMG]

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I picked up that Windrunner from the Park City outlet last March for $20. Not nearly as warm as it looks (which is a good thing for those of us in milder climates). Great piece though :slayer:

13. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Finish Line has the Black/White Fly Knits in 12 and 7.5 I think. They're been restocking alot, so keep an eye out, I am wiating for them to re-stock in 11 and I am all over it.

14. KenjiKen

KenjiKen Active Member

Hey guys any tips for some good basketball shoes?
    Im thinking about the new hyperdunks but dont know at
    this point.

15. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really want to get those woven ones.. any idea where they'd sell? Niketown or premium stores in EU?
    Toasty were you the one that mentioned these being unimpressive in person?