1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

^ I've only tried the Nike Running version, but it's excellent. Perfect fit and comfort, and looks pretty good too. I miss the zipper pocket on the Tailwind shirts, but overall I'm satisfied.

2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Nike got a mention in the iPhone event just now. The iPhone 5s has a new motion processor with accompanying API for fitness tracking. Nike has a new app called "Nike Move" that will use it. Wonder if this will essentially be a Fuel Band with no need for the band anymore.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haven't copped a pair since high school days so I'm not sure if they changed the pattern since them but ran tts for me.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

it'll probably just connect to the fuel band as you move around. It's kind of hard to imagine doing HIIT or Plyo with the phone on your hand.

I'm curious to see what they come up with though. Nike has partnered up with Apple before, the chip you put on your shoes with the Nike+ system was actually made by Apple.

5. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Does anybody know how the dri-fit knits fit compared to the Gyakusou shirts from last fall?

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Okay I would love a work out shirt in Gym red.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Have 3 Tailwind shirts that I would run and work out in. I love the fact that the side pocket can take anything from keys, cards to iPods in varying sizes (except of course the classics & early minis).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  8. rockket

rockket Senior member

anyone know the conversion from women's sizing to men's sizing for the roshe runs? thinking about picking up some of the black / artic greens

9. TrackRunner

TrackRunner Member

Size up 1.5

Also, picked up the Gyakusou FW 2011 convertible jacket for $30 at a Nike Outlet. Best Nike steal to date.

10. jet

jet Senior member

i take a large in all nike drifits i've ever had/tried. Pants run big though, medium in those personally.

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

flyknit lunar 1s finally made it to my apartment and i think they're maybe a half size too long. hrm. should i send back and try to find a 9.5 or should I just go with it? Kinda don't want to deal with sending them back and all that shit, but I mostly bought them because my feet are fucked up from wearing fashion shoes all the time, probably will just get new balances in addition.

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I want a pair of Hyperfeels but I wonder if they're suitable for squatting/deadlifting?

[​IMG]

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Don't keep them if they don't fit. My Lunars fit long too. I no longer wear them and should have sized down a half size.

14. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

IMO, the Hyperfeels are definitely for running. I'll preface that I'm an E width.

I found the sole to be a little narrow and rounded meaning they feel great when moving but don't give the best foundation for weightlifting. There are better, flatter, options available for squats and dead-lifts.

1 person likes this.
  15. fobe46

fobe46 Senior member

Tech pack restock in the next few days. Debating whether to get s or m in the sweatpants with a 30 waist, anyone?

16. masshi

masshi Senior member

why not get both and return the one that doesn't fit as well?

17. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

You're gonna be a small. I've got a 33 waist and wear the medium.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Re flyknits, if you're in between sizes and actually run, it's far better to get slightly larger than just a hair too small

2 people like this.
  19. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I'm a 31 and the M fits great.

20. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

after lacing and tying them up properly and wearing them around the apartment i realize these are actually just right. wore them all day, knees and ankles haven't felt better since I moved to new york and started walking and biking everywhere. :slayer: