1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This was a given, haha.

Yeah, the form fitting stuff is back, ie 'running pants' or 'soccer pants'. No more loose gear from the 90s.

Thanks, man. That's a lot of bread for workout gear for me. Looks like I'm skipping.

2. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

According to the ny times article, it'll be $80 for the pants, $85 for the sweatshirt, and $175 for the zip up.

Also, rather than straight up cotton, the fabric will be a foam core sandwiched by cotton jersey. Weird. Reminds me of ye olde skool stretchy ski pants. I'm guessing more wind resistant than a regular sweatshirt, but pretty much useless for anything more demanding than carrying groceries. The logos are either tiresome or classic, depending on where you stand.

1 person likes this.
  3. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

Alder Lows available online anywhere other than Premier?

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I need the sweatpants in navy.

5. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Me too.

The price is right too.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Wore my flyknit racers for the first time running today...and now my feet are torn up because i didn't wear socks...at one point about half way through my 4.5 mile run (which admittedly my speed was up on) I had to remove the shoe to get what I thought was a rock out...nope, just a huge chunk of skin that peeled off. Back to Newtons for the forseeable future.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The dude at Niketown heavily advised me from running them barefooted. The material was super thin. I didn't buy tho.

8. NewYorkIslander

I have a new pair of Newtons coming this weekend, though if I run tomorrow, it'll be in thick socks.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

For working out I use the white tube socks from Costco. I think the brand is Penn. Way more comfy than any other socks I've used.

10. NewYorkIslander

Did 7.5 today...wore socks and wrapped my feet in gauze (they're blistered pretty bad) but it was a decent run...so here's to hoping these work out. They're light as all hell, which is not something I'm used to.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The "Fear" pack Jordan 3, 4, and 5 were in full effect this weekend.

Niketowns stopped the RSVP process via Twitter since most were getting dominated by scripts or bots and went back to good ol' first come first serve. Niketown LA said they weren't going to allow overnight camping out. So much for that, haha. Word is dudes arrived at about 7PM or so the night prior, and eventually all patrons were patted down by Bev Hills PD to ensure they had no weapons.

I hope the Fire Red 5s next week is super mass produced and can be easily copped because I want a pair, and I'm too old to line up for kicks.

12. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

Is there a brick and mortar I could find the Flyknit Chukkas at in the Bay Area? Preferably SF.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I was interested in the Fear pack 3's. maybe I'll just kop another pair of innevas to ease disappointments...

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The whole series is garbage IMO. If they were released 10 years ago, they would sit around, just like the Olive IXs. They only sold out instantly because of the QS label. You can buy at the resale price if you really want them. Getting them online was doable though manually though from what I've read. I didn't want them so I didn't even tried.

15. jet

jet Senior member

why the fuck do you guys keep copping this garbage? find another hobby since you guys are so bored

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Rather kop a box of RASCCs?

17. jet

jet Senior member

YES

i cop rascc like these fools cop sneaks

18. lidding

lidding New Member

Can anyone proxy a pair of flyknit trainers from the USA to canada? I'd be willing to pay some extra money on top of shipping costs

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I buy the models I like? Sup with you always being so hostile though. Smile, fam :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013