1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

The tech knit soccer pants taper well but are pretty much non existent except in larger sizes. I might order these in a kids XL lol.

The perfect fit track pants sort of taper but have a ridiculously long inseam(can't find a small short). They hugged around my calves but stacked awkwardly above the knee and bunched too much at my ankles if I lowered them.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I'll try checking back next week at my local place. If not a proxy may be in order...?

4. jet

jet Senior member

Nike has never done a really good job of pant length/hems around the ankle.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

These soccer pants from Adidas doesn't seem bad, inseam is ~30" too. They have a medium in the website: http://www.adidas.com/us/product/me...9?cid=O07663&breadcrumb=u2Z1z13y8wZsxZ1z13xg4

Predator track pants still has a size small and inseam is 31": http://www.adidas.com/us/product/me...2?cid=W65783&breadcrumb=u2Z1z13y8wZsxZ1z13xg4

6. dmash

dmash Senior member

Thanks RFX.

Yeah I was actually just looking at the Adidas Condivo 12. Looks like those will fit the bill.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  7. jet

jet Senior member

I like how they said flyknits are so much cheaper to make yet cost the most.

2 people like this.
  8. El Argentino

Gotta raise that profit margin, man.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol:
    I was actually having a discussion about this on another forum. I think on the long run, it'll save them money and it'll be cheaper. The tech and machine that makes the "knit" is rather new and probably cost millions so Nike probably wants to get that money back with the first batch of these knitted shoes. I actually heard that there are only 4 machines that does the knitting at the moment and that Nike only own and use two of them and that is what pretty much delayed the shipment. They also wanted to get it out in time for the Olympics so even though production wasn't enough to supply all the stores, Nike had to show them off to capitalize on free advertising by having Olympians wear them on the medal stand.

I think in a year or two, we'll likely see $100 flyknits but right now it is new tech and Nike will try and capitalize on them as much as they can.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, Flyknit with free soles might be coming in the near future. I just hope they use the thinner and newer free sole they have on the Free Run 3 instead of the one from the Free Run 2.
    [​IMG]

11. El Argentino

Hrm... much prefer the current soles to FR models.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I really like the Free sole in general and the one on the Nike MTRL. What is the MTRL sole called? Just LunarLon? TSA was saying how light the MTRL are and wanted a pair.

The 2 soles circled are my favorite, gives the shoe a nice silhouette [​IMG]

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yup, Lunarlon.
    [​IMG]

Here's Nikes other soles/tech/cushions.

Free
    [​IMG]

Shox
    [​IMG]

Air
    [​IMG]

Zoom
    [​IMG]

Air Max
    [​IMG]

Flywire
    [​IMG]

Hyperfuse
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Still need to get me a pair of LunarGrand then

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm guilty of liking them too but their colorways are just not for me. Black suede with pink lunar sole? Brown suede with orange lunar sole?
    I just want a simple black smooth leather with white sole or vice versa, or maybe make them as oxfords instead of just wingtips.
    If you want a pair though, get them now because Cole Haan and Nike are breaking up iirc so this might be the last batch of Lunargrands to come out.
    Cole Haan is already coming out with regular wingtips with colored soles to capitalize on the hype but the lunar sole might be gone pretty soon.

16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i understand you about the colorway choice

was looking at the washed brown with yellow sole as a viable option but wingtip is not my thing.

thought they would come out with a smooth black top by now. oh well

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This chukka was a limited release. They are nice but of course Nike will not make it easy to get.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice colorways of the wingtips are limited too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

if you cannot get it there is no chance for me

:fu:

would love those chukka's ffs

19. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

The Fragment ones looked nice in stock photos but the leather looked pretty cheap when I saw them at Undefeated. Even by Nike standards. I finally saw the regular black/brown ones in person and the suede looks enh too. I'd probably still get a pair if the soles were white lol :x

toasty, those black/sequioa flyknits should be arriving today if you're still interested.

20. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

RFX, got any scoop or idea when we might see the HTM Flykints?