• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

limbo

Reaction score
I've been kicking around in Mayfly Knits this past summer. Welcome change from the regular boots and derbies.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Air Vortex 2012 Holiday Collection
35lgeo0.jpg

Kopping for sure.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

List of stores with the NSW line:
Yoox (occasionally)
Oki-Ni
Tres Bien
Aloha Rag
End Clothing
http://shop.kithnyc.com/#nike
LiveStock
NDC
Norse Store
http://conveyor.la/shop.html

I had included this list and a few here also carry it among the NSW line. Add Hanon to the list as well

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/brands/nike_stadium.html
And Mr Porter ^

Tried on the NSW Free's today with the leather/mesh/ and or suede mix. Not really a fan. They fit about .5 tighter as well FWIW

Also for those in SF the Nike Town actually has sizes 12 and up on the flyknits.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Free Run 4 (Fall 2013)
9224273.bmp

Huarache Light Free (Spring 2013)
9224289.bmp

Lunar Racer 3 (Jan 2013)
rsvnuw.jpg

16ks87r.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those obsidian/blue NSW lunarwhatevers are also really really cool. they have them at caliroots, too, if anyone else is wanting them.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they just don't look so impressive in person.

very bulky and gimmick for what a running shoe is suppose to be IMO.

I saw all the colorways in person at my Finish Line and if I had to choose probably the black suede or cream/white

I thought the spotted sole was going to be real awesome but I got over that real quick.
Hopefully if I stop by the other mall near by I can finally pickup some flyknit perhaps.

FWIW I only saw the all black version at the SF Nike Town...
Still would prefer these though but they are long gone now :( :fu:

Nike-HTM-FlyKnit-Trainer-Black-01.jpg

ughhhh

NIKE_Flyknit-2003w.jpg

NIKE_Flyknit-2005w.jpg

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not the free version, these ones:

3557020127329145041922158_L.jpg

but I can't find them in stock anywhere else.

Haha it is awesome what a noob I am with the nike shtuff.

I wore those flyknits all weekend, and even went for a run in them (into the aforementioned moose), and though they were not ideal for the run, they were totally awesome otherwise.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

they just don't look so impressive in person.
very bulky and gimmick for what a running shoe is suppose to be IMO.

Which shoe are you speaking of?

The Lunar shoes aren't really that bulky, no more bulky than any neutral New Balance, Asics, Mizuno, etc... running shoes out there. If you are comparing it to sprinting shoes that weight almost nothing, then yeah these are RO in comparison but the Lunarglides 4 are very light, less than 10 ounces, it's crazy how light and cushioned it is.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For quick runs (1-2 miles), I don't mind Free Runs. Good for strengthening your legs too.
For longer runs (5-10 miles), I like Lunarglides (updated from 3 to 4 and it is much better) or Pegasus (28 is great, updating to 29 soon).
Overall I prefer the Pegasus for running, it is more cushioned and comfortable.
If you want to test either one out, I believe Finishline has a 15-day test-run policy on the Pegasus', I'm not sure of the exact details but I believe you can run in them for 15 days and return them if it doesn't suit you.
Kobe VII was actually kind of a let down, in comparison to the Kobe IV and V, those are actually better than VI and VII the more I play with it these days. Probably still lowtop bball shoes right now though.
Also to those interested, NSW Free Run 3's with speckled soles. I like the suede and different mesh uppers.
xl531788440.jpg
xl531788010.jpg

xl531788220.jpg
xl531788011.jpg

xl531788260.jpg
xl531788420.jpg

i was talking about these

also tried on this pair and as much as I want to like it it just sort of clashed. even at $60 i had to pass.
Nike-Kukini-Free-x-USATF-1.jpg

Firmament Berlin also had some shoes on the free sole, never saw them elsewhere but I slept on it sigh and sold out

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You really found the Free Run 3 bulky? I haven't handled the leather versions but my Free Runs is probably my lowest profile Nike shoe to date. It just isn't bulky at all unless the leather versions are substantially more cushioned or padded but even then I just can't imagine them being that bulky. I just find that weird.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gimmicky more than bulky with the NSW iteration. Some people will probably like the leather or suede upper. I personally like the sleekness mesh provides.

Leather just gives the look more heft. I was looking at it and held the shoe in my hand and thought why would I pick this leather sneaker up compared to some other sneakers e.g. CP, MMM, etc.
The style does not meet functionality. This decision I have to disagree with Nike.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads