• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gyakusou usually fits small, right? They have some tees on sale at Nike.com but the smallest is a medium. I'm usually a xs/s, think the medium will be too loose?

Also considering these for running, are they worth it for $140?

I am a small and take medium in all Gyak. If you are concerned about the fit, try to find Japanese stock. They have size snall. Capris are cool but at 140 you have better options at CW-X or other peformancewear brands.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ^ ^
Thanks for the sizing suggestion, I'll give it a shot.

well, much as it hurts to say this, I don't think the fly knits work for me. I constantly get blisters on the toes and the midfoot (I'm a midfoot striker and overpronator) and I get more knee and shin pain - is it because of less stability and cushioning? still love the looks of them and they'll still get used for non-running training.

so I'm looking for good running shoes. I know nike's rep is the worst for serious runners but every other runners shoe out there looks godawful. it's like they do it on purpose. I did some research and am intrigued by the UC Lunarglide 4's. I still don't want a heavier shoe but I guess I really need the cushioning. this seems to be the next step up over the FK but still fairly light

If the Flyknit Trainers aren't cushioned enough, try the Lunar One+, more cushioned overall w/o being that much heavier.

Lunarglide 4s are nice, while not as light as Flyknits, they aren't really that heavy either. Give Pegasus 29+ a try, I always recommend that pair for neutral running. If you want something really light, check out the new Lunar Racer 3, being a racer shoe it'll likely be on the lighter side.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just googled newtons holy **** those are uggs

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

just googled newtons holy **** those are uggs

Hells yea, but my running has improved 10 fold since I've been in them...so has the health of my legs...I was always having IT Band issues and achilles issues when I was running in Nike and Brooks...nothing since I've been in the Newts.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus. Those Newtons look like technicolor clown vomit. What ever happened to using a simple color scheme?

red81

Reaction score
the best shoes i ever ran in were:

vibram five fingers - last 3 years or so
just about any asics gel (in the last 15 years)

currently in nike free 4.0, just for variety, but will go back to vibram as they're nowhere near as "minimalist" as they claim at least compared to vibrams.

but for a "regular" running shoe, i'd go with asics, brooks, etc.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Way overpriced, but strangely intriguing.

jay3429

Reaction score
Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20% off clearance items today on Nike.com

Use code BANKSHOT. They have gyakusou, FK and FK lunars. Also a sweet Mark Sanchez jersey if you're interested :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads