• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they fix the heel-toe delt and keep the FK upper I'm gonna be in heaven.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so i just took the flyknit ones out for a spin tonight. did a 5k at close to my max effort (which really isn't all that great). the lunar soles, no surprise, were much more comfortable and no foot pain whatsoever. there's also more padding cupping the heel, which also was a great benefit. the shoes themselves were still very light, but a significant weight difference from the gen 1 FK trainers. again, no surprise, and they're still very light/lighter than frees, but not near-barefoot light like the original FK's

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a 5k in my Racers today and my toes really hurt. I'm not sure if it's because of the socks I was wearing or the actual shoe. Gonna buy some proper Nike socks and see if that remedies the problem. If not, I'll have to give my Trainers a try until my Lunars arrive next week. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to order another pair of Racers a half size bigger.

mike1445

Reaction score
yea, im a big guy but I had a pair of the frees and I couldnt do more than a 1-2 miles without my knees complaining about it later. I run with the lunarglides and regularly run 3-4 miles and feel pretty good in them.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Racers have a notably low toebox - was it a feeling like the top of your toes feeling cramped and unable to stretch out on strike, or more of a hotspot? The latter shouldn't really happen with the FK upper, but if you have wide feet it's possible you're getting excess rubbing.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did a 5k in my Racers today and my toes really hurt. I'm not sure if it's because of the socks I was wearing or the actual shoe. Gonna buy some proper Nike socks and see if that remedies the problem. If not, I'll have to give my Trainers a try until my Lunars arrive next week. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to order another pair of Racers a half size bigger.

I race in the FK racers for distances up to the half marathon (would probably use them for a full). - if you sized up a half to full size you should be fine (as is the normal practice for 'performance footwear') Otherwise your feet are probably swelling up. Also the racer is built to be ran fast in. Depending on your running form/weight/pace it is hard to say what is causing the problem. I race in the fk racers, but do most of my mileage in pegasus 29's - the best neutral trainers I have used.
The flyknit trainer and 1 are lightweight neutral shoes - better for runners with good biomechanics and strong legs for things like tempo runs (if you are running in them).

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the reply. It was actually just the bottoms of my toes that were hurting, which is what leads me to believe it was the socks that caused it (some cheap Footlocker socks). Regardless, I'm going to the Nike store tomorrow to buy some performance socks to see if that remedies the problem. I should also note that I am not a runner what-so-ever and this was my first run since a random 10k I did a few years back.

If the socks don't remedy the problem, then I have an excuse to buy another pair of Racers a half size bigger :slayer:

kylehow

Reaction score
Does anyone have the white/black FK trainers? I want a pair that are neutral colored but wouldn't those be impossible to keep clean?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a TTS 9 and wear flyknits in 8.5 and 9 in nike free 3.0

i got the 8.5 in FK lunars and they fit the same as my other flyknits ... was scared cuz a few of you said to go TTS for the fk lunars but mine worked going down half a size

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I bought some Lunarglides around a year ago and scrapped them during a Spartan Race I did and I was wondering what kind of shoes you guys would recommend? I want to try a different style of Nikes and I was thinking about getting either the Pegasus 29's or the Flyknit 1's. Any other recommendations would also be helpful! I usually run 5-10kms but I might try and do a half-marathon at the beginning of next fall, so hopefully that helps haha.

Thanks!

Edit:
Also does anyone know any good stores I can order from that ship to Canada and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? :satisfied:

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pegasus is nike's best for running. others are hyped but only for some sort of new 'technology' or the looks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics