• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since chances of getting these are zero.

IMG_1199.jpeg

I love the Internationalists so I made a pair in a similar color suede.

IMG_1197.jpeg

casterofdreams

Reaction score
Nice job with the color combo. You did that through Nike By You, right? If so, that is awesome. Sometimes they intentionally don’t make certain colors available through that system to avoid people making their own version of a hyped shoe.

Anyway, I finally found a pair of ESC joggers I wanted for awhile. I have quite a few pieces from the first series run of ESC (FW2020) and I’m glad to add the sweatpants to the collection.

Not my images:
IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg

LucasFilms

Reaction score
I like the little details like the blue panel with star stitching in the back. Or is that a pinwheel pattern.

Edit: I’m sorry I didn’t know what Sashiko was, hence my ignorance with the above statement. My bad.

Since Nike announced a big shakeup in the running space, I decided to get a couple of pairs of discontinued shoes to put on ice: the laceless Phantom React Flyknit. I have the first one and I highly doubt a laceless running shoe will be made in the near future. These two were discounted on the Nike site.
View attachment 2169025
View attachment 2169027

I like them, but Adidas did something like that way back into 2018 or maybe 2019 and those Adidas sneakers cost like 35 bucks (outlet price)...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty hard to find some white gum soled sneakers this summer it seems. And something not of the MMM GATS derivative. To that end, trying out those premium Killshot 2

1719183889338.jpeg

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with MMM GATs?

Like all the r/malefashionadvice nerds, my progression is killshots > common projects > MMMGATs and then I was like why did I spend waste so much time and money on this.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True

I owned GATs before. I think I'm looking for a different type of shoe altogether. Like a runner with gum sole.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True

I owned GATs before. I think I'm looking for a different type of shoe altogether. Like a runner with gum sole.
Are you set on a gum sole? just imo, but a white cup or vulcanized sole works better so much of the time. If you are set on gun soles. Clarks has done some interesting collabs, including with Kith, like these lockhills: https://kith.com/products/ck26166826

Frankly, my experience with Nike soles have been pretty meh overall. I mean, they are... fine, but they don't have the same distinctive firm but pliable feel of the Margiela GATS not the natural rubberiness of the Clarks soles. But on the other hand, they are inexpensive, so might be worth just trying if you like the look.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are the pairs back in 2016 or older FWIW. But Christian Kimber does not make them any longer.

I'll continue shopping around. I thought about Clark's too.

10727407_442905242547315_344370494_n.jpeg

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wouldn’t happen to remember the name of those shoes, do you?
I think the Adidas Deerupt was similar. They had laces, but were non functional. It was like a slip one shoe.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHarris