NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Price for europe is way higher anyway so might aswell proxy them and get them earlier.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So I picked up the black/white/turquoise at my local finish line. My eyes are not the best at telling colors, but the accent color looks blue to me, not turquoise. The Oreo lunar sole is a nice touch too

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

How are you guys sizing the FK Lunar1s as compared to the Free Runs? Same size or 1/2 size down?

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

^^ same size as Free. I have FK trainers and I went 1/2 down.

Do not do that on the FK Lunars 1. I am a 10 in the FK Lunar 1 and a 10 in Free.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

It's a blue leaning toward turquoise. Definitely more like a light blue IMO.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm curious to know if there are any avid runners who switched from the usual suspects like NB, Asic, Brooks, etc. to the newer Nikes like the Free? If so, I would love to hear your feedback. I used Nikes to run many years ago, the model had air bubble around the whole shoes and they left much to be desired comfort wise.

7. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I'll preface this by saying I'm neither an excellent runner nor a C25k hobbyjogger - during a period where I'm in good form and training to run well I'll manage between forty and sixty miles per week on track and trail. I have permanent scarring of the right AT from a HS XC injury which makes me very sensitive to heel to toe drop and any sort of stability control or padding.

I ran about 300 miles in the original Free 5.0s before giving up on them and going back to burning through racing flats. The sole was overly cushioned and negatively affected my form, aggravating my injury. They're now relegated to gym and plyo usage, where the extra cushioning is of marginal benefit and lack of tread isn't an issue.

The newer 3.0s v4s are much better, but, somewhat paradoxically, I recommend avoiding the designated 'Run' model and just getting the regular, non + pair. It has half the heel delt and a narrower forefoot in addition to a more sock-like upper. Despite improvements in road feel and drop, they still suffer from the same lack of tread as the original model. The way the sole is cut pretty much precludes any sort of traction control from being slapped on, and trail running in them always felt injury prone. If you're just going to stick to the road and aren't planning on putting down tons of miles, they're worth a look.

Since the NB minimus line came out, I've been doing all my training in those, and honestly much prefer the MT series' sole to anything in the Free line. Much better traction and a better heel cup, at least for my foot. Only problem is they're ugly as all get out - Nike has always had much better designs than their competitors and definitely grasped the idea that a minimal shoe should have a similarly spartan upper.

8. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

Seriously awesome response. Because of it, I'll be looking into the NB minimus MT line this weekend. Thanks.

9. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

10. Taka

Taka Member

leather scales...?

11. Artem

Artem Well-Known Member

^Something an autistic dinosaur would wear

12. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

anyone know if a release date has been announced for the new free inneva wovens? can't find one except that they're due summer 2013. guessing that's all that's been said

13. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I combed through NikeTalk a while ago searching for any info on them and couldn't find anything beyond S13. Hoping they come out with Free 3.0 or Zoom sole w. Flyknit Upper before then though.

14. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

there is a flyknit free coming, but there aren't any pictures around yet

Nike Free Flyknit +
    Summer '13
    615805-xxx

(First Wave - Men's)
    010 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE
    012 BLACK/WHITE-DARK GREY-WOLF GREY
    316 ELECTRIC GREEN/WHITE-BRIGHT CRIMSON-BLACK
    413 SQADRON BLUE/WHITE-NEO TURQUOISE-CHLORINE BLUE
    414 GAME ROYAL/WHITE-BLUE GLOW-WOLF GREY