nike/ipod trainers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jean_connoisseur23, May 24, 2006.

1. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

what do you think about this???...personally i think its just a gimmick to boost the sales of both companies...the trainers cost about $200 plus an ipod kit for an extra 100 bucks...

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

what do you think about this???......
    What are they? Link? Pic? Description?

personally i think its just a gimmick to boost the sales of both companies...
    I would hope so. The shareholders wouldn't be too happy if the companies did things that weren't designed to boost sales.

(?)

3. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I think it's a cool idea - and this article says the kit will only cost $29 and go into the shoes that start at $100. But then again, I'm a sucker for almost anything Nike!

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Shouldn't this be discussed under the Streetwear forum?

5. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

what do you think about this???...personally i think its just a gimmick to boost the sales of both companies...the trainers cost about $200 plus an ipod kit for an extra 100 bucks...

I usually hate stuff like this (i.e. the Thomas Pink iPod tie), but this actually seems like it would be pretty useful. I run with my iPod Nano almost every day and it has a stopwatch function, but that's about it - the new application will keep track of distance, speed, calories burned, etc. and automatically log it allowing you to keep track of your performance over time.

From the article, it sounds like the shoes will be $100+ but the kit will only be $29 - if the shoes are decent, I might think about getting it.

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

This is one of the few iPod accessories that I actually think is a good idea. I would buy it if it didn't require special shoes. If it was just a tiny object that I could attach to my shoes while out walking or running then I would get it. I'm fickle about my feet and Nike hasn't been comfortableLikely, though, if it becomes successful there will be more than a few kinds of shoes that are Bluetooth-enabled fairly soon. . Isn't the idea of Bluetooth-enabled shoes ridiculous when you actually consider it?

7. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

It seems like a pretty cool idea to me. It's gimmicky, to be sure, but this gimmick could be beneficial to people.