• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He’s going back to his 80’s roots. He also did a collab with Element skateboards this year.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if the AW14 Coastal Command was still made by Aero at the time?
nigel-cabourn-coastal-command-jacket.jpg

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in the Everest parka (orange or blue), do those ever go on sale? What’s a good price? Cheers.

They have gone on Sale in the past but only a few retailers stock Cabourn now. Your best bet would of been END - they were carrying the Everest but appear to have sold out. Expect to pay around £1500. Presently MARRKT and eBay are your best bet.

Gosha

Reaction score
but the ventile parts of the jacket (Shoulders and elbows) doesn't look good after years using the jacket a lot.
The quality of their Ventile jackets is very poor. I have two and they committed suicide :)
In my opinion, these are not things for long life - this is decorative garbage, just to clean your pockets.

I know that the contractor is Mackintosh Ltd. And I have not received confirmation from Ventile Fabric that the technology of adhesive tapes is compatible with their fabric.
My battle with them has no results - I was offered to solve my problems myself. These are amazing crooks :)

20190319_083307.jpg

View attachment 1147155

20190319_083214.jpg

Last edited:

Werder

Reaction score
So what do you guys think of the new SS stuff?

I do like the brand, but the products doesn't interest me anymore.. I don't know exactly why...

Psyko

Reaction score
Totally agree. Pretty disappointing, sadly. As usual, the AW drop was better. Can't say I like any of the jackets. The new Deck waders are quite interesting, though weird. I might have to get a pair of those.

I was hoping for a cotton Tenzing jacket.

gus49

Reaction score
I like the Orange M65 jacket. But that’s about it.

Werder

Reaction score
I know i have asked a quite similar question previously on this thread, but i am interested to hear what you guys think of the quality of the Nigel Cabourn shirts.

I would love to buy a high quality shirt (in blue) that i can use a lot for years to come, so how do Cabourn stand up against brands like Gitman Vintage, Acne, The Real Mccoys and so on?

Would love to hear your experiences.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question too, does anyone know somewhere/someone selling the orange lybro dungarees from I think last season? I really dig those, and the red they replaced it with is not my cup of tee.

desolate

Reaction score
I know i have asked a quite similar question previously on this thread, but i am interested to hear what you guys think of the quality of the Nigel Cabourn shirts.

I would love to buy a high quality shirt (in blue) that i can use a lot for years to come, so how do Cabourn stand up against brands like Gitman Vintage, Acne, The Real Mccoys and so on?

Would love to hear your experiences.

The Japan made officers shirts are truly high quality and can stand comparison with anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads