• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

pillepalle8080

Reaction score
Cabourn 2013 mallory
filson western vest
mister freedom hierondelle shirt
kay canvas repro windproofs
redwings

still looking for a matching cabourn vest

Attachments

• IMG-20211114-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20211114-WA0003.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 272

blue peter

Reaction score
Picked up a secondhand Everest parka and would love to date it - any help is greatly appreciated!

Some clues are:

Grey inside lining
Coyote trim is NOT removable

Any ideas?

DD9AB6CA-E202-49FD-BC27-E954249B0A4B.jpeg

Barnes78

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a Mallory jacket (size 48) in a Harris Tweed (preferably navy or grey). Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find a second hand one in very good condition? Many thanks in advance.

gopnike

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and if I post in wrong thread please move my massage to another thread.

My question is about this item I get recently and can't understand what it is.
It's look very similar to this one: https://www.cabourn.com/products/aw21-ncos-p-51-naval-dungaree-soft-denim-indigo but it's obviously not the same dungaree. It's have not Nigel Cabourn labels, but something called Cyclic Vintage Studio and label in Chinese instead (it also have vendor code by which I found this dungaree on some Asian sites, but it doesn't help). At the same time buttons and riveting have Lybro logos on it.
Quality of denim, seams and all other parts of this dungaree looks pretty good and decent.

Can someone explain me what it is? Some ugly fake?

PS excuse my lame English, it's not my native language.

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_174640.jpg
    IMG_20220117_174640.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220117_174740.jpg
    IMG_20220117_174740.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20220117_174829.jpg
    IMG_20220117_174829.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20220117_175002.jpg
    IMG_20220117_175002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 732
Last edited:

conqueror

Reaction score
i've never considered something like this before, but am i absolutely insane if i keep the lybro black navy ripstop "suit" in two sizes (48 & 46 peak blazer + 32 & 34 pleated chinos)? i feel like i enjoy the different fit of the two trousers in particular: the 34s are have very voluminous thighs and are great with the cabourn braces, whereas the 32s are (considerably) slimmer and are better with a a belt.

i'm 186cm/84kg and am somewhat amazed that the 46 blazer fits. the 48 is a little long on the sleeve for my taste, but i still like it and figure i could hopefully resell in the future if my plans to lose 5kg or so come to fruition. not sure how all these models smaller than me are wearing size 48/50.

edit: i should say they were all purchased on sale. only the braces (which i bought last year) were full-price.

Last edited:

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
i've never considered something like this before, but am i absolutely insane if i keep the lybro black navy ripstop "suit" in two sizes (48 & 46 peak blazer + 32 & 34 pleated chinos)? i feel like i enjoy the different fit of the two trousers in particular: the 34s are have very voluminous thighs and are great with the cabourn braces, whereas the 32s are (considerably) slimmer and are better with a a belt.

i'm 186cm/84kg and am somewhat amazed that the 46 blazer fits. the 48 is a little long on the sleeve for my taste, but i still like it and figure i could hopefully resell in the future if my plans to lose 5kg or so come to fruition. not sure how all these models smaller than me are wearing size 48/50.

edit: i should say they were all purchased on sale. only the braces (which i bought last year) were full-price.

Do you plan to wear them as a suit? Because of how casual the pieces read, I might lean towards the looser fit. It’s really down to personal preference and if you think both have a unique place in your wardrobe, go for it.

conqueror

Reaction score
Do you plan to wear them as a suit? Because of how casual the pieces read, I might lean towards the looser fit. It’s really down to personal preference and if you think both have a unique place in your wardrobe, go for it.
yes, for casual weddings and the like: the material is also really good for australian summer. if i had to, i would probably keep the smaller jacket (46) due to the better sleeve length (46) and larger pants (34), but i figure/hope i could always resell in the future if the 48/32 don't get any wear at all.

benjak

Reaction score
Hi all,

Saw this for sale on the Facebook marketplace for around $150. Can anyone identify what it is?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 611

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Cabourn Mainline from Japan, which is often not sold on the Cabourn website.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Nigel Cabourn is this week's guest on the Garmology podcast. A rare chance to hear the man himself chat about his life, designs and obsessions. Available on all the usual podcast feeds, apps and platforms, or at this link:

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Picked up a secondhand Everest parka and would love to date it - any help is greatly appreciated!

Some clues are:

Grey inside lining
Coyote trim is NOT removable

Any ideas?

View attachment 1709173
This looks very like a Nigel Cabourn Utility jacket to me. You need to post labels and more details to get a proper answer on this though :)

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased an unlined Nigel Cabourn tweed vest at a thrift shop and was just wondering If anyone could shed some light on that model (Authentic series). Supposedly a few (7-10) years old. Anyway, being unlined is rather unusual for a tweed waistcoat. At least I have not come come across one so far.

Last edited:

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased an unlined Nigel Cabourn tweed vest at a thrift shop and was just wondering If anyone could shed some light on that model (Authentic series). Supposedly a few (7-10) years old. Anyway, being unlined is rather unusual for a tweed waistcoat. At least I have not come come across one so far.
Here is a picture.
IMG_20230821_155315766.jpg

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
It certainly looks legit, though I’ve never seen that design. It looks a little like the tweed liners offered in some years of the Cameraman, but I can’t see the metal poppers on the front? Or maybe they are only visible when unbuttoned?

A little Googling shows that yeah, no, not quite:

DSCF9034.jpg

Last edited:

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
It certainly looks legit, though I’ve never seen that design. It looks a little like the tweed liners offered in some years of the Cameraman, but I can’t see the metal poppers on the front? Or maybe they are only visible when unbuttoned?

A little Googling shows that yeah, no, not quite:

DSCF9034.jpg
Yup, legit for sure, and very sturdy tweed cloth. Indeed no Camera man model, it simply seems like an odd vest of Cabourn's .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads