Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Most awesome camo ever.

2. turunen

turunen Active Member

John Squire from the Stone Roses looking good in Cabourn (forgive the shitty quality). I waited too long for LN-CC to move the Tenzing camo to 70% off, full size run at 50% off, at 70 they were gone in minutes...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. turunen

turunen Active Member

I really regret not picking up this colour way of the naval parka too when it was going cheap in SS11 sales, now harder to track down (in a 48) than the blue cloud camo. Randomly enough I saw a girl wearing it in Manchester a few months back, she looked amazing.
    [​IMG]

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Just got my Camerman in a 52 today. Man, this coat really blouses out from the pit down. I'd could pregnant and it'd still fit. Pit to pit doesn't feel bad or look too bad, but still a bit big. I'm probably going to give a 50 a try. I think it'll be fine after measuring the Woolrich John Rich & Bros Parka I just got, but I probably won't do a lot of layering comfortably. I'm fine with that so long as the pit to shoulder measurement isn't ridiculously short.

NOBODY GOT BACK TO ME on that smock jacket? Anyone have any experience with those or similar Cabourn pieces? Again, chest looks huge but I'm guessing the rest of it is good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

6. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

Get a extra 20% off the checkout price with the code "EXTRALN20CC", valid till 2nd july. I pulled the trigger on a yellow cameraman . Picked it up for 430 sterling.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

MSAINT- I'm not sure what cotton is used, but it looks more like heavy jersey material like that used for t-shirts.

8. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

The wrinkling of linen doesn't really bother me. It's a sign of summer :) That said, the lined linen Mallory is a bit warm, actually. In hindsight, I think I might have been a little better off finding an unlined linen jacket somewhere. It's also a bit long in the body for an informal summer jacket. But, all in all, I like it.

10. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Perfect update Zissou, thanks again!
    So, no linen ether for me (again, super price: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p1858_Nigel-Cabourn-Mallory-Jacket-Lined-Army.html)
    I have my share of winkles on my beautiful chambray shooting jacket from Heritage Research (also UK made, from Japanese cloth) :D

I know I want the camo cotton Mallory I posted 2 days ago but the price is still too dissuasive for a jacket not as easy to wear as any Harris tweed Mallory... But if they drop to 50% I'm pretty sure I'll end being weak and/but happy! :slayer:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

11. mtre

mtre Senior member

I'm selling a classic cameraman in what is generally considered to be the best colour way. If you're interested you can see the listing in my signature.

Thanks

12. nixda

nixda Senior member

For what it's worth, the linen mallory is a much softer linen than I'm used to and as such does not wrinkle much.

13. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Thanks Nixda, do you also find it boxier or larger that the wool Mallory?

14. nixda

nixda Senior member

That's awesome. Saw him live when he was with the Seahorses.

15. nixda

nixda Senior member

Yes, but I do wear the linen mallory in a 50 and the tweed mallory in 52. So the overall effect is the same, except the sleeves are a bit shorter for me on the linen one, but still ok. I've been meaning to take fit pics in all my Cabourn clothes and post them but haven't had the chance. Hopefully soon.