Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

I apologize- I had it completely wrong. My Cameraman is a 50.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

And you're a 38/39 blazer? Is it a Winter version or a Spring version?

3. London

London Senior member

Camerman an most cabourn tends to be sized large. If you're normally a medium like me I would size down to a 48.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

It's the winter version, but unlined.

I'm a M in most stuff, and I like the fit of the 50.

5. turunen

turunen Active Member

I agree the sizing can be all over the place, as I found recently when investing in the Coastal Command sheepskin jacket.

I've owned many Cabourn pieces, and after struggling with sizing finally settled on a 48 in the lined cameraman and 50 for all other pieces, a rule I've followed for several years. One exception to this is my naval parka (pictured below), I get that it's supposed to be oversized but a 50 is like a tent on me! The same goes for my Eddie Bauer/Cabourn Geddes jacket, I bought a 50 in this and it drowns me, so much so that if I ever come across a 48 at a decent price I'll buy it and move the 50 on...

I figured the Coastal Command sheepskin was likely to fit on the large size, being based on an Aero Leather Co garment (itself based on a vintage style) so opted for a 48. Absolutely gutted when it arrived to find it way too small, not just slightly but too small to wear. It's such a great piece I'm going to hold on to it until a 50 becomes along though..

Better pic below of some of my favourite jackets from my collection, the Naval Parka especially has been getting a lot of wear in the good 'ol English (wet!) summer this year, always gets commented on when worn in a big city (unsurprisingly!)

[​IMG]

6. robin

robin Senior member

Nice to see you on styleforum! I've been following your blog after finding your posts about all of your Cabourn gear awhile back.

7. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

That cAbourn/Eddie Bauer puffer is gorgeous

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Hey, thanks for all the replies guys.

Turunen! You need to post pics of each coat from the front!

Question for anyone who knows about the Cabourn x Eddie Bauer Collection, was it sold in Eddie Bauer stores? Also, do you know what the pricepoints were? I've seen the pics online and the styles looked great.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

NCxEB was not sold in EB stores. Context has the down puffer half off at $1K+, so it was all pretty pricey... Looking forward to the Scott line this AW.

What's your blog, turunen?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Good Lord. Add Eddie Bauer and the price goes up? Crazy.

What's the "Scott line?"

11. robin

robin Senior member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

12. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yeah, I'd like to get a couple of pieces from the Scott line as well, but I doubt that happens. I'd need some significant drops were that too happen. Thanks for the links though.

SO, I GOT THE CAMERAMAN IN THE MAIL TODAY in the 48. Too snug. I could get it buttoned without having to pull it tight, but it was literally "right there". Have a feeling the 50 would be too snug as well. 52 will be here in a day or two and I should know then. Measurements from multiple sites are pretty uniform.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

13. turunen

turunen Active Member

Hi Robin, I wondered who the one person following my blog was! ;-) Been a bit lazy recently, need to update it, plenty of purchases (including Cabourn) to post.

Mike1445, the Bauer Geddes is a stunning jacket, of all the Cabourn pieces I've owned and handled it's probably the only one that comes closest to justifying the full retail price (but then few brands do!) You can really see and appreciate the workmanship in it, I travel to Scandinavia frequently in -35 conditions, this jacket can more than stand up to that.

Zissou, my blog is http://blindamericanicons.wordpress.com

I'll post pictures/review of my recent Cabourn purchases when I get more time, been wearing this to death lately, awesome jacket:

[​IMG]

14. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

i picked up the jcrew/W&B Sawtooth jacket at a laughable $60 off ebay but I just wish it were that EB/NC Geddes anytime I put it on. Don't get me wrong its a pretty impressive jacket in its own right and i got it at a steal but its no Cabourn. More pics of it when you get the chance please.[​IMG]

15. mtre

mtre Senior member

I'm usually a medium in most things and I have a cameraman autumn/winter version in a 50 which I would say is a good fit. As it's a autumn/winter version I wanted it to be a bit larger so that I could put a jumper etc.. underneath it. If I was to get a summer version I'd probably go for a 48.