1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. gululv

gululv Senior Member

KamChan: I would say the storm parka fits a little larger than other Cabourn items I've had. I have a size 48, but I got 50 in the aircraft jacket, submarine sweater and 4 way roll neck. But I think I could have had a 50 in the storm parka as well, it's a little tight with a thick sweater under. Both would have worked.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Distinguished Member

Anyone have a Cameraman? I'm curious about sizing. I'm a M pretty much everywear, but a bit broad in chest/shoulders. I take M at J Crew for example.

3. irbe

irbe Distinguished Member

^
    If you are talking about the FW one, Think you be a 48. I'm a SMALL in Jcrew and I got a 46. Its a little snug with a thicker sweater.

4. BLAUGRANA

I'm referring to the Yellow/Linen combo that Unionmade goods has.

Thanks, that helps a bit. J Crews regular fit tee is fitted on me and their wovens are just right. I like to wear chunky sweaters in Spring though so I'm wondering. I was thinking 48 myself.

5. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

6. nixda

nixda Senior Member

End just dropped the linen Mallory (Army) to $395, so jumped on it. Not sure why the natural color is still at $525 but I prefer the army anyway.

7. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

Cultizm just dropped theirs to half price, too.

8. nixda

nixda Senior Member

I figured they would. Just a matter of time, I guess.

9. turunen

turunen Active Member

[​IMG]

If you are a medium I'd go for a 48 in the lined Cameraman, here's a pic of me in my AW 2011. I take a 50 in most Cabourn garments (Mallory, Aircraft, Tenzing, Surface jacket, all shirts) but found 50 in the Cameraman too baggy. I too usually take a medium in most brands.

10. BLAUGRANA

Cheer turunen. I think you're right, but we'll see. I have a 48 on the way just to check it out. My only concern is the chest, or pit to pit. 48 translates to a Small over here, according to Barney's. I like thicker sweaters, even in Spring, and so I'll want to test it out with those as well. Just a matter of time now I think.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

11. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior Member

I have a size 48 unlined cameraman. I find it slightly on the small side and too tight with a sweater underneath. The overall length and arm length is spot on, however, I wish the chest was a bit larger.

12. BLAUGRANA

See, this is what I'm talking about! :) Hopefully Barney's get's it out tomorrow and I have it by the end of the week.

I'm a 42 in a blazer, 33 waist.

13. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior Member

Please let us know how it fits once it arrives. I haven't had very good luck with determining my size in several Cabourn pieces.

14. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

Eesh, you're typically a 42 and you ordered a 48(38)? I'm typically a 38/39 in blazers and a 48 fits me well.

15. BLAUGRANA

I've done my homework, but it's still not 100% until you try it on. 48 is considered a Small. I'm usually a Medium, which is a 50, but the place I got it from doesn't have a 50. I might just order their 52 as well and see if I'm inbetween. Anyway, I went by End Clothing's measurements which are 21" pit to pit for the 48. I can't have it too tight obviously, but I want it fitted enough too. I know it's a parka but I would hate for it to be too big.

Will do. Got it with free shipping and returning it will be easy. Shipped today so I should have it by Friday.