Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. gululv

gululv Senior member

KamChan: I would say the storm parka fits a little larger than other Cabourn items I've had. I have a size 48, but I got 50 in the aircraft jacket, submarine sweater and 4 way roll neck. But I think I could have had a 50 in the storm parka as well, it's a little tight with a thick sweater under. Both would have worked.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Anyone have a Cameraman? I'm curious about sizing. I'm a M pretty much everywear, but a bit broad in chest/shoulders. I take M at J Crew for example.

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

^
    If you are talking about the FW one, Think you be a 48. I'm a SMALL in Jcrew and I got a 46. Its a little snug with a thicker sweater.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I'm referring to the Yellow/Linen combo that Unionmade goods has.

Thanks, that helps a bit. J Crews regular fit tee is fitted on me and their wovens are just right. I like to wear chunky sweaters in Spring though so I'm wondering. I was thinking 48 myself.

5. robin

robin Senior member

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

6. nixda

nixda Senior member

End just dropped the linen Mallory (Army) to $395, so jumped on it. Not sure why the natural color is still at $525 but I prefer the army anyway.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Cultizm just dropped theirs to half price, too.

8. nixda

nixda Senior member

I figured they would. Just a matter of time, I guess.

9. turunen

turunen Active Member

[​IMG]

If you are a medium I'd go for a 48 in the lined Cameraman, here's a pic of me in my AW 2011. I take a 50 in most Cabourn garments (Mallory, Aircraft, Tenzing, Surface jacket, all shirts) but found 50 in the Cameraman too baggy. I too usually take a medium in most brands.

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Cheer turunen. I think you're right, but we'll see. I have a 48 on the way just to check it out. My only concern is the chest, or pit to pit. 48 translates to a Small over here, according to Barney's. I like thicker sweaters, even in Spring, and so I'll want to test it out with those as well. Just a matter of time now I think.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

11. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

I have a size 48 unlined cameraman. I find it slightly on the small side and too tight with a sweater underneath. The overall length and arm length is spot on, however, I wish the chest was a bit larger.

12. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

See, this is what I'm talking about! :) Hopefully Barney's get's it out tomorrow and I have it by the end of the week.

I'm a 42 in a blazer, 33 waist.

13. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

Please let us know how it fits once it arrives. I haven't had very good luck with determining my size in several Cabourn pieces.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Eesh, you're typically a 42 and you ordered a 48(38)? I'm typically a 38/39 in blazers and a 48 fits me well.

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I've done my homework, but it's still not 100% until you try it on. 48 is considered a Small. I'm usually a Medium, which is a 50, but the place I got it from doesn't have a 50. I might just order their 52 as well and see if I'm inbetween. Anyway, I went by End Clothing's measurements which are 21" pit to pit for the 48. I can't have it too tight obviously, but I want it fitted enough too. I know it's a parka but I would hate for it to be too big.

Will do. Got it with free shipping and returning it will be easy. Shipped today so I should have it by Friday.