Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

Yes I agree with nixda - I own both the lined and unlined. I noticed that I wear them for different reasons as the lined one is way warmer and tend sot keep dry. The unlined is great for cool days but when it gets COLD it really doesn't hold up. I can't wait until the weather gets cold enough again... but in the meantime, I'm ALL about Mister Freedom!

2. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Senior member

Cabourn (middle) with Brett Viberg (right) in Vancouver...

[​IMG]

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

I received the ARN Medi jacket today, and it's a really nice piece. It is about as roomy in the body as my Mallory was originally, but the shoulders are a little wider and the sleeves a little longer in the ARN jacket. I maybe could have gotten a S, but none were available. It's an unstructured jacket, so it probably looks best a little slouchy, anyway. I may have the sleeves shortened a little, which should be easy considering it's unlined.

4. robindad

robindad Active Member

5. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

Hi,

there is a Cabourn store in Cologne? Could you give me a map link, please? I live in reach and I'd be interested to check it out. Cheers.

6. clausc

clausc Senior member

http://www.kentaurus.de/kontakt/page.html

Albertusstrasse 4
    50667 Köln

7. robin

robin Senior member

SS13 preview:

"THE ARMY ISN'T ALL WORK"

The Nigel Cabourn Spring Summer 2013 collection is an in depth study of clothing worn during sporting activities while serving in the Army.

The SS13 collection is a culmination of cricket, athletics, soccer, rugby and gymnastics through style and fabrication.

This SS13 season Nigel Cabourn will be collaborating with Converse on a specially developed gym shoe and Merz B Schwanen on gym style sweat shirts.

http://www.breadandbutter.com/summer2012-therock/brands/brand-bible/brand/nigel-cabourn/

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

No, I probably won't wash it for quite a while. I was going back and forth on whether I liked the fit, but I think I just need to get used to the slouchy fit of it. The articulated arms are also something I'm not quite used to. I can see why you toned down the curve of the arms a little on the newer versions.

Opinions on the fit? I have a pair of roomy Cabourn Naval Trousers that would likely go well with this jacket. (on a side note, I'm quite happy with my two Lock & Co linen caps)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

9. turunen

turunen Active Member

Hi all! Long time Cabourn fan and lurker on this thread, decided to get involved to share knowledge and discuss one of my favourite designers. You can see some of my collection in my avatar, a few S/S12 pieces picked up in the sales recently that are landing imminently, I'll be sure to post pics and a review once they do.

10. nixda

nixda Senior member

Beautiful jacket. I think maybe a tad too much fabric in the body. Looks a bit boxy, but otherwise fit and look is great.

11. KamChan

KamChan Member

Hi there,

Anyone own the storm parka and able to share size info please.

Thanks

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks, nixda. It is definitely boxy in the body, but I think it will be nice to have a jacket that fits a little differently than others that I wear.

The linen Mallory arrived yesterday, and what a beautiful jacket. It doesn't come out in the photos I've seen online, but the linen is a rich mix of natural linen shades, and the shoulder and elbow patches are a slubby cotton sateen. I thought Ventile patches would be odd on a SS version of the Mallory, so I am glad they used the sateen. I'll try to post up some photos once I get the huge wrinkles out.

13. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

It's pretty rigid, yeah, but I haven't washed it. I actually thought of giving it a hot soak to see if it shrinks a little.

15. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

How does ARN stuff sizing work? Do they fit TTS?