1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. nixda

nixda Senior member

I'm actually thinking of selling mine. Bought way too many sweaters this season.

2. Heatseeka

Heatseeka Active Member

Is there any place that I can purchase Cameraman in navy/grey tweed in 52? Anyone selling? Please let me know!

3. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

I'm actually thinking of selling mine. Bought way too many sweaters this season.

Nixda, If you decide to sell your roll neck, let me know. I am definitely interested.

4. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

So strange its like someone went into Endclothing last night and bought Everything that was on Sale! Had my eyes on a couple pieces but guess that's out of the question now. BOOOOOO!

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Handling one I wouldn't imagine it being able to handle those kind of temperatures.

6. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

I finally got my Military Mallory in 48 from DF. Altough the arms are a bit short, it actually fits the body much better than the 50 that I tried on at Barney's. But with this fit, I probably can't wear much under it during winter... of course, I am in California after all.

What are your thoughts on that kind of fit on the Mallory folks?

I also wear a 48 on the King George as the 50 is ridiculously oversized but I wear the Cameraman in the 50 because the arms are a better length. I actually really liked the look of wearing the King George over the Mallory. Not sure if anyone has done that before.

7. evel

evel Active Member

May be worth keeping an eye on ebay, not unheard of for a shop to shove there stock on there to get rid of it, the end sale has been on for a while now, and I think they had there final reductions.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Argg, I was eyeing that 48. I was holding off on buying the army b/c I thought it would be too much green in my wardrobe eventhough the mallory is a different green then the cameraman. I love the fit of the mallory, sleeves for me is a little long, but nothing too bad. Hugs my shoulders well and enough to layer a thick sweater underneath. If anybody knows where I can get a brown in a 48 please chime in.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

It's partly a matter of personal preference. You did confess to still being cold in several layers of wool, primaloft, goretex, etc.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

My old CG Constable was crap and about as warm as a wool blanket you had peed on, but that wasn't wind nor waterproof and down.

My new jacket is more than warm enough with goretex and primaloft, the last couple of days I haven't zipped it and it has on average been -10c.

I was looking at one for daily wear and not for acting like a tree, when I'm out walking the dog.

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

As I said I've only gone down to -6 with the cameraman, but with a thick sweater over a shirt I found it fine. The Macintosh is very windproof and providing you've got sufficient insulation under it, will hold the heat in pretty well if you're moving about. It's not a very breathable fabric though, so it's not great for milder days or for real exertion. For showery/snowy/dry cold days I find it pretty good.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Understatement of the day. If I'm a little too warmly dressed underneath, I find a whole layer of condensation inside the jacket when I take it off - wet, inside.

13. C D Moorby

C D Moorby New Member

I can definitely testify to that. I've taken my Cameraman jacket off a couple of times and found my shirt soaked underneath. A jacket for wet, cold to mild days. Nothing warmer and nothing much beyond freezing.

I've noticed some of the later Cameraman jackets have linings in the top half… I would imagine this is a much needed improvement.

All that said, it's still my favourite jacket!

14. nixda

nixda Senior member

Dope Factory just added some sale items. Mainly t-shirts and scarfs.

15. Philip

Philip Senior member

Hi guys, is there always a collection of mallory tweed jackets every winter season?