Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I think I prefer the Tenzing to the Mallory - both nice jackets though. I like this year's SS12 much more than SS11.

2. irbe

irbe Senior member

3. Kurakki

Kurakki New Member

Hello I am interested in the sale. But I dunno if it will fits me. Could anyone tell me if the size 48 in general will fit a 175 cm 60kg person? Thank you!

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Agreed, MoK. I didn't even consider anything from SS11.

5. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

@irbe - the authentic line in a 48 would be like a M in America. I wear a 50 Tenzing on the main line... anything in 50 on the authentic side is a whole size too big for me. My typical jacket is 18-18.5 inches shoulder to shoulder, 26-26.5 shoulder to sleeve, 21 to 22 pit to pit. Hope that helps.

@kurakki - hope my measurements help. You sound like a 46 in Authentic, and 48 in the mainline.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Some SS12 pictures shot by Anna Victoria Best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kurakki

Kurakki New Member

Thank you for your guide =) I will check out about it

8. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Ok, I finally picked up the navy clip jacket I asked about originally a few pages back. At the previous marked-down price, I couldn't do it. But this sale dropped it by another ~$150, so that made it worthwhile.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

I think you need to be careful about the sizing advice you are giving out.

You're saying that you're a 48 in the Authentic Line (UK), but 50 in the Main Line (JP), so there must be a sizing discrepancy between the two lines. But it looks like your Main Line items are predominantly SS, whereas your Authentic Line items are mainly AW. As such, they are sized differently. AW jackets are going to be a little larger because they are meant to fit over several layers. The Main Line jacket in the photo that you posted already looks rather long on you, so I'm not surprised that AW jackets are even larger. If you are wanting to have a slim fit, then I'm not surprised that you are sizing down on AW (Authentic Line) stuff. I think a lot of people expect the Mallory or DB jacket to fit like a suit jacket, but that's just not the intention as far as I can tell. They're more like short coats.

Curiously, the measurements you give above for your typical jacket are actually larger than those for my Harris Tweed Mallory in size 50 (Authentic Line). One of the things that I especially like about Cabourn is the consistency of sizing. The same size in several jackets does not equate to the same measurements, though. But, this makes sense, because a Tenzing is meant to be worn over a shirt (so it's smaller), a Mallory is meant to be worn over a shirt and vest (so it's a little larger), and a Cameraman is meant to be worn as an overcoat over a heavy knit or even another jacket (so it's even larger). As such, I wear a size 50 in all three. In fact, Cabourn does such a great job on sizing that it's not easy to go up or down one size, as people are sure to realize when they buy something in the wrong size just because it is on sale.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

10. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

Which sale has it for $150!? haha that's a great deal!

11. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

I believe the jackets I picked up from Hong Kong were AW11/12 Mainlines. But I agree with everything you said. I just prefer to wear everything more fitted. Thanks for the words and wisdom! =)

12. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Sorry, to clarify -- it was indeed from the Superdenim sample sale, but the price now is $150 lower than the previous price. So it's still comes it at just under $300, but that's reasonable to me, for the colour I really wanted (and with free shipping because I picked up another piece too to get it over Superdenim's minimum).

13. Kurakki

Kurakki New Member

Thanks for xiaogwuay and zissou advice. Probably Should stick with 46 as it usually fits me best(as I am a tiny guy), if that is the case. Thinking to get the surface jacket as a rain coat.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

14. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

I wish there was a place in Los Angeles to try this stuff on. Despite the feedback I got, I'd desperately love to try a size 52 mallory, if anything just for the peace of mind. I was about to get the one left at Flannels but someone beat me to it :(

15. KamChan

KamChan Member

I am surprise that no one pick up that navy reversible shirt. I have the regular production one and the quality is incredible.