• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. Wonder if it will be difficult to tailor a coat like that.

engar

Reaction score
Canvas Hunting Jacket for £145 at Superdenim

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is are the two jackets below the same, in different colors? I think so but I'm just not a 100% certain. If you magnify both images the jackets seemed to be somewhat similar (to me) buttons, spacing. pockets, parka pull tab at neck, etc. But then there seem to be some difference - the belt on the first, for one (may be just me), which gives the jacket a different shape.

Surface New Parka at Barneys

Olive Unlined Surface Jacket

Also, has anyone bought either jacket and could speak to their fit/ construction/ utility?

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that - was tempted but I think I'd need to size up to a 54 - that chest measurement is very tight.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Another girl in all Cabourn!

LUf5w.jpg

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have any experience with the FW11 hunting jackets? Is the wool as beefy as the mallory? Slept on the 46 on ENDCLOTHING, and now looking at the hunting in army green. Was a 48 in Mallory, but looks like the Hunting would be too big in 48 with pit to pit being 22 and shoulder to shoulder being 18.5. Seems like the previous SS was smaller in fit.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have any experience with the FW11 hunting jackets? Is the wool as beefy as the mallory? Slept on the 46 on ENDCLOTHING, and now looking at the hunting in army green. Was a 48 in Mallory, but looks like the Hunting would be too big in 48 with pit to pit being 22 and shoulder to shoulder being 18.5. Seems like the previous SS was smaller in fit.

End seems to have much larger measurements than anywhere else - the tan hunting jacket in 52 is listed as 41" ptop everywhere apart from End who have it at 23" :crazy:

Last edited:

KamChan

Reaction score
I have both Mallory and hunting jacket from this season. Both are size 48 but the hunting jacket fit more tight.

KamChan

Reaction score
Sorry need to add the hunting jacket I have is the tweed herringbone one.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LUf5w.jpg

This is actually the Eddie Bauer rep for the Cabourn collaboration.

She wears it well. FWIW, that is the fit. I had a long talk on the way back with the Levis XX sales director, and we agreed that people having their Nigel Cabourn tailored was really not getting it, and that, more importantly, it just looks bad - . He had the submariner sweater on, and looked totally the part, too. Scottish fellow. Point of rant - Cabourn fits a certain way that doesn't necessarily jive with boring menswear magazine lameness.

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
I BOUGHT THE HUNTING JACKET AT SUPER DENIM! LOL SIZE 50!!!

halberdklown

Reaction score
that's what I get for closing my End Clothing tab...Mallory's on sale, size 46-50 in navy and brown, plus there is a code for End too I believe, jump on it

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LUf5w.jpg

I could not like this any less. She looks like a burlap santa claus in frilly brogued boots. Yohji Yamamoto as a workwear-Victorian ******.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's what I get for closing my End Clothing tab...Mallory's on sale, size 46-50 in navy and brown, plus there is a code for End too I believe, jump on it

Is there? If I can get an extra 10-20% off on one, definitely gonna jump on it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is actually the Eddie Bauer rep for the Cabourn collaboration.
She wears it well. FWIW, that is the fit. I had a long talk on the way back with the Levis XX sales director, and we agreed that people having their Nigel Cabourn tailored was really not getting it, and that, more importantly, it just looks bad - . He had the submariner sweater on, and looked totally the part, too. Scottish fellow. Point of rant - Cabourn fits a certain way that doesn't necessarily jive with boring menswear magazine lameness.

That's easy to say if someone is of average build. Being tall and slim, I looked slightly ridiculous in my untailored Mallory. One of the pairs of Cabourn trousers that I have literally looked like MC Hammer pants on me. They're still very full leg after being tailored, but not absurdly so.

Don't you think it's a bit closed-minded to say there's only one way to wear something?

I BOUGHT THE HUNTING JACKET AT SUPER DENIM! LOL SIZE 50!!!

Relax, man, this isn't The Price Is Right.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads