Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. hw6152

hw6152 New Member

Hi -- Has anyone come across a Skyliner in 54? The 52 is just a tad too small for me.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm glad the sizing worked out. I wish I could remember what size vest I tried on that fit, but I think it was the same size as my Mallory. I was just as impressed with the vest, but I had to choose one or the other at the time!

It's a sunny winter day, and my Mallory is keeping me plenty warm today.

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Consider the mallory, anybody has any like with shortening the sleeves? Heard this can be hard b/c they have functional buttons?

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

What size are you and what size did you buy? Thanks.

5. hw6152

hw6152 New Member

Im a 46 in a US suit jacket and I bought a 52, which was just a bit too small

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thanks. Where did you buy it from?

7. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

Just have your tailor alter it from the shoulder. More expensive but your only option with working buttons.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Missed this from earlier. I will see what I can do!

9. smART

smART Senior member

hey guys,

new nigel cabourn lover.
    bought a turtleneck from context in a 48 and it fits perfect. even have extra room.

then i just bought the officer's v-neck in army off of another member in a 48, and it's too small. sucks as it's a very nice piece.

this is some sizing perspective. i should have checked the measurements more correctly.

so, i am selling it. it's basically BNWT. it's listed in the supermarket, but if you don't check it often, you may miss it.
    retailed for $375 at unionmade. selling it for what i paid for it for $150.

pm me if interested.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We are actually changing the date to May 5 or 12, depending. We are going to have a bit of a pop up shop, and make it a 2 day affair, with the party on a Saturday night, of course.

Stay tuned, There will be news soon.

11. Blyndon

Blyndon Well-Known Member

Hi, has anybody seen a size 48 1940s DB for sale anywhere? Or does anybody want to sell theirs?

12. SeanRosas

SeanRosas Active Member

While I have ordered a nigel cabourn cameraman in 46 on dope factory they send me a 48. This is none sense. I pretty sure there is something regard to the fact you place an order formally on the 48 due to your card issue while they sent you the 46.

If you are interested in an exchange let me know. Anyway I while ask them an indemnistation for that mistake. Nothing against you obviously. Enjoy your 46 and let me know if there is any chance to make an exchange.

However my opinion is that dope factory is a shit store which sellinfg very expensive jackets. They are highly uncompetent and plus there is o way to contact them by phone.

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Wow that is terrible. I apologize. Yeah didn't realize this would be such a mess.

I will def let you know if it doesnt work out for me

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Did you ask for a refund? They should refund you and pay for shipping back since they sent you the wrong size. RKD, no need to apologize, its the stores fault in this. They should have pulled the size off the site when they set it aside to you, or at least sent him an email when they realized they sold the size 46 to you. Guessing there are no more camermans in a 46 out there at that price.

15. SeanRosas

SeanRosas Active Member

RDK, IRBE is right it is in no way your fault. It was just against dope factory. They should have say to me the 46 was sold out.

I do not ask for a refund because I still want the jacket. In itself it is such a wonderful piece. At this price the cameraman was almost 70 % off.

If the 46 fit RDK well I will tailored it. The chest is almost alright and I can adjust it with the clip button but the lenght is a bit too long. I will shortened it up of 2 cm. This is the maximum I can do otherwise the balance between the harris tweed and the mackintosh will not be respected and there is chances the cameraman will look odd/awkard.

However I will ask dope factory for a compensation notably to pay for the tailoring extra fees. Regarding to their mistake and unprofessionalism it seems fair to me. I will see their answer.

I dont know if it make sense and sorry for my bad english but I am upset against dope.

Regards everyone

manu