Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

Ya man the same thing happened to me when I ordered from Endclothing. They trying to charge me another $120 for Tax - probably because the USA is Broke. They're going to send you all those forms and as soon as you fill them out they'll release your package. So just do that and you'll get your package but expect a bill a week or two later!!!

2. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

What do you mean 'trying', as in you just brushed them off? Man I gotta see that. :D

3. husbands

husbands Senior member

I picked up the light color fair isle sweater in (I think) a 46 - it was $199 at the Barneys sale

hope it fits well. I'm a 46 in cameraman.

damn, I was trying not to buy anything this month.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, there are some nice prices there. Those nautical pullovers have been up there for at least a couple of years and never go on sale.

5. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

Dude I bought the Cabourn X Bauer Vest for $400! That's over 70% Off - Barney's got some crazy sales right now folks!!! Last mark down took place today and everything is selling out - Had a Mallory and Waxed jacket my size too but I'm way over spent this month...

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Are the Barney sale items returnable?

7. robin

robin Senior member

8. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Got my Cameraman from the Nitty Gritty Store. It's no longer on the store website but here's a comparable pic, just for reference:

[​IMG]

Initial impressions (some subject to revision). One needs to layer up with this; I am not sure whether it is meant as a 'one piece' for winter.

In terms of sizing I am a 54R (Euro sizing, so 44R in US terms) and ordered the 52 (Euro, so 42 in US terms). I bought the 52 not because i wanted it but because that's what they had. Given all that, the fit is quite good. So the younger guys who strive for a slim fit may think about this.

Overall impressions - a hell of a good looking piece and I wont mind even if customs/ Fedex hit me with a duty; worth it.

:slayer:

9. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

More thoughts. I took the cameraman for a Test drive; spent some 5 minutes walking outside for a series of errands that lasted 20 minutes, so I was basically walking to the car, getting out, walking to the store etc.

The temperature where I am is 37 degree Farenheit, or close to 3 degrees Celsius. Cold-ish. I was wearing the cameraman over a round necked t-shirt over a vest.

Layer that $hit, son, especially the arms. The upper body is made of some synthetic material (variously described as ventile fabric, mackintosh etc) and it seemed to did nothing to protect my upper body against the cold. In fact, it was itself cold.

Lesson learned. I am not sure how this jacket would have protected the famed Everest cameraman (from whose jacket this is apparently inspired) against the cold, unless he was layered.

Even so I stand by my original assessment that this is a lovely jacket.

10. robin

robin Senior member

They wore layers of wool and silk underneath their jackets.

11. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Cabourn makes an Everest jacket distinct from the Cameraman jacket, and AFAIK there are two versions of the cameraman (warm for fall/winter and light for spring/summer).

Haven't read through the thread lately, so apologies if I'm repeating someone else or stating common knowledge.

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Like that he combined the camo with the puffy. He should take it one step further with polka dots (who's the one doing the camo with polka dots?).

Nice boots. Half expected them to use the Nigel x Red Wing Munson Boots.

[​IMG]

Munson Boot

[​IMG]

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Exactly. I wear a warm wool sweater under my Cameraman, and I'm fine on just about any snowy winter day. It's a brilliant coat for days like that.

15. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

I'm going to get my cameraman tailored first. The body is a bit wide but the shoulders and arms fit just right!